IE 7 (internet explorer 7)

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
My computer keeps trying to get me to upgrade. better? worse? should I just let it go through?

Neither - use Mozilla Firefox v. 2.0 and never look back. Really.

But if you don't want to do that realize that you are going have to switch to 7.0 sooner or later. And after checking it out before going back to Firefox my humbel opinion is - and the general consensus out there also is - v. 7 is much better than v. 6.

http://blogs.pcworld.com/techlog/archives/003021.html

I'm happy with IE7, lots of differance from 6 but i like it now.
Dave G

woodstock said:
My computer keeps trying to get me to upgrade. better? worse? should I just let it go through?
IE7 introduces a lot of security fixes and convenience features.

Pro: It should help with keeping mal-ware -- viruses, etc. -- away from your computer. It will ask your permission before downloading. Puts you in charge.

Pro: Tabs make it easier to manage having mltiple sites open.

Con: It will ask you to approve lots of things you didn't need to approve before. Can get tiresome.

Con: Tabs take a little getting used to.

- Aunt Peggy

Last edited:
I just down loaded IE7 couple days ago. Still getting used to it but it seems like a nice up grade so far.

You can disable the tab feature on IE7

I use Firefox, but there are a few websites that won't work with it (THANKS BILL
:( ), so i've kept IE6.

My advice is to at least wait until they have most of the bugs worked out in IE7.

AuntPeggy said:
Pro: Tabs make it easier to manage having mltiple sites open.

Con: Tabs take a little getting used to.

IE is just now finally getting tabs?!? Wow.

M$ usually copies features faster than that. :rofl:

tparsons said:
My advice is to at least wait until they have most of the bugs worked out in IE7.

That'll be just about the time that IE8 comes out.

IE7 = Firefox 1.0 IMHO and I use Firefox 2.0 so that'll tell you about how far behind IE is right now.

Back