IE 7 and Firefox 2

The one thing I do not like very much about the new version of Firefox
One change in Firefox 2 that is a step backward from the last version: If you open a lot of tabs, Firefox shrinks their size a little and puts arrows at the left and right of the tab bar so that you can scroll back and forth. The previous version shrunk tabs a lot, so you could fit many more into the tab bar. I'm dinging Firefox's score for that one. IE 7 has the same problem.
Hopefullky they will fix this on one of the upgrades that will come out soon. I like that Firefox fixes stuff on a pretty regualr basis where IE can sit for months with something broken. It is obvious that IE suffers from the being supported by a big company syndrom. They are slow to make a decision.

Lastly, the extensibility of Firefox 2 is its knockout punch, and IE's add-ons cannot compare. The flexibility and customizability of Firefox might be best suited to more advanced Web users, but it has earned its spot at the top of the browsers.
Yep, Too many cool extensions in Firefox thansk to open source code. IE may never catch up in this department.

Back