Joshuajayg

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Joshua
a9a589104a664cb4e58b240c0ad4a562.jpg

Early generation cruise missile?

Looks like a "Matador."

Matador...unsure which version this is though. Carried a nuclear bomb.

BOMARC?

Edit: Nope. Google confirms it's a Matador.

Yeah this is a Bomarc, more of a Delta wing design than the swept wing of the Matador. When I was at Eglin AFB early 80s they would launch Bomarcs out into the Gulf and fighters would shoot 'em down. Beachgoers would freak out, usually because of the smoke & fire from the launch and call the base thinking a plane had crashed. Think they quit using them around the mid 80s, at least at Eglin.

Bomarc.jpe

But why is it on display next to a sign advertising churches..??

Well, we had one in front of my high school when I went there in (cough, cough) 1975-77.

MGM-13 Mace.

Nauga,
and his twins.

Yep, an MGM-13 Mace. Must have been difficult to fly with no windows.

Last edited:
Fascinating. It was set up at a park in a small Kansas town.

I think I saw that in a movie once, but it was a B-52.

Slim was flying a B-52 and the bomb hung up, so he went down to the bomb bay and worked it loose, and then rode the bomb down. That may be what you're thinking.

I think I saw that in a movie once, but it was a B-52.

The movie was Dr Strangelove or How I stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb. Loved some of names of the characters, Bat Guano, Buck Turgidson, Dr Strangelove, Jack D Ripper.

Slim's "Maj King Kong" B-52 never got the recall message.

Cheers

The movie was Dr Strangelove or How I stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb. Loved some of names of the characters, Bat Guano, Buck Turgidson, Dr Strangelove, Jack D Ripper.

Slim's "Maj King Kong" B-52 never got the recall message.

Cheers

One of the best satire movies ever made.

I saw where a national "events" chain associated with movie theaters is showing it on the big screens this month in the previews at the theater last weekend.

Back