Identification

Busflyer

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Busflyer
CDD9B0D7-5346-4DA8-91F4-D7AB9A820580.jpeg Anyone know what this is? It says Cessna on it. It was posted on an antique tractor forum.

Brake master cylinder ?

Looks like a hydraulic cylinder of some sort to me. I’m thinking power steering.

Interesting that this is posted right now. On the local Craigslist there was someone selling a hydraulic pump for a garden tractor that had similar markings. I just assumed it was an aircraft pump that was repurposed. Maybe not.

Turbo encabulator.

Obviously a tie rod end from a Farmall tractor.

Or maybe not!

Obviously a cylinder and the red paint would tend to indicate a farmall tractor. My best guess is that it goes between the tractor and some kind of plow or harvester under the tractor as a kind of shock absorber. Those tools cannot be fixed or the tractor would tear it off when it hits resistance. The cylinder is sealed but adjustable, it compresses a little and then pushes back, meanwhile adjusting the pitch of the tool it's protecting. Probably air filled, not hydraulic.

Surprise to me, after WW-II, Cessna also made tractor parts in a fluid controls division.

Back