Idaho

Awesome video! That looks like a blast.

Thanks! It's a long video, so many probably won't make it all the way through. But it was a fun trip!

What do you do in terms of planning for an engine failure in that type of terrain? Seems like your SOL if you have one

What do you do in terms of planning for an engine failure in that type of terrain? Seems like your SOL if you have one
Not necessarily SOL but the options aren't good. Land it in the river or in the trees. The up side of the river is there won't be a fire...

Great time it looks like. Been eyeballing the tailwheels a little. Now I'm eyeballing 'em even more lol.

Loved the Death Star and the slow motion.

Options are limited for sure. More limited than flying over a flatland forest? Or over suburban sprawl? I dunno. There are arguments to be made. When we were visiting, in particular, the options were worse than usual since the rivers were fast and cold. Now that we're in August I would like my odds a lot better if I had to dead stick into one of them since I'd be able to walk out and have more than a few seconds before hypothermia set in.

Great time it looks like. Been eyeballing the tailwheels a little. Now I'm eyeballing 'em even more lol.

Loved the Death Star and the slow motion.

Thanks! It is fun flying, for sure.

Yea this looks like an absolutel blast I'd like to do this type of flying some day. One of my goals is to take the bush/mountain flying course with Bush Air here in AZ at some point

Nice flying. I know they were going for documenting the "full experience" but I fast forwarded most of the stuff on the ground. And the music... gah! What IS that? Sounded like a cross between music on hold and elevator music. LOL.

Yea this looks like an absolutel blast I'd like to do this type of flying some day. One of my goals is to take the bush/mountain flying course with Bush Air here in AZ at some point

Even if you don't do any backcountry camping into strips like this, that mountain course will make you a better pilot. I did mine out of Longmont, CO about eight years ago and the lessons come in handy frequently.

Would love to head out to Idaho someday. A guy from KTTA here in NC just flew his Carbon Cub out to Wyoming and Idaho for a month.

Can't argue with the music comment. Especially the high pitched skipping one.
I either had to turn it off or start drinking.

Damn I'm hungover..

Can't argue with the music comment. Especially the high pitched skipping one.
I either had to turn it off or start drinking.

lol! Yeah, can't make everyone happy. I have a *tiny* bit of experience in the music biz (produced a few multi-day festivals and took a band on a mini-tour), so it's kind of in my bones to respect copyright law and permissions. All the artists in that video have agreed to their tracks being used. And, of course, I like them all. :)

But yeah, chill-hop (which is the style of most of them) isn't for everyone. Anyway, I ducked the sound so you guys could hear the engines at critical times! Don't I at least get credit for that!? :)

It's a great video, and a great time I bet. We all have headsets we can put on if we don't like the music.

or just drink :)

but for the most part, I'm jealous!

Enjoyed the video. Just think you need a bigger hanger. LoL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the video. Just think you need a bigger hanger. LoL

Right!?

Through a long and involved story, that mostly involved a friend getting on the wrong side of some people at that airport, I ended up with space in a maintenance hangar for EasySky. https://www.esky.com

I
t takes 3-4 people to open that hangar door and it's big enough to service a 737. I just park next to whatever happens to be there.

But yeah, chill-hop (which is the style of most of them) isn't for everyone. Anyway, I ducked the sound so you guys could hear the engines at critical times! Don't I at least get credit for that!? :)

Chill-Hop?! Is that what that's called?! LOL. Okay my complaint that garnered this new information about future possibilities for audio torture devices, has now come in handy. :)

Chill-Hop?! Is that what that's called?! LOL. Okay my complaint that garnered this new information about future possibilities for audio torture devices, has now come in handy. :)

Also: "Hey kids! Get off my lawn!" :)

I don't even think the kids will listen to that stuff. :)

Oh, Nate, Nate, Nate, you really need to listen to some of the stuff the kids listen to these days! Chillhop is massively accessible compared to much!

Oh, Nate, Nate, Nate, you really need to listen to some of the stuff the kids listen to these days! Chillhop is massively accessible compared to much!

No, I really don't.

Something being "accessible" doesn't make it good. :)

In the early 80s we called that bad elevator music. No, there was no good elevator music.

Awesome! You were sitting behind me on the bus to the 195 club dinner at OSH

Back