Idaho to Ohio, straight tail 172

Do you make these vids for your ferry customer's? If so that's a very cool idea.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Do you make these vids for your ferry customer's? If so that's a very cool idea.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I make them for myself mostly, but I do make sure my customers know about them!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Is there a bank of "aircraft video music" out there? I hear the same type music on yours, Matt Guthmiller's and Steveo's videos.

Is there a bank of "aircraft video music" out there? I hear the same type music on yours, Matt Guthmiller's and Steveo's videos.
hahah, no just free youtube music thats cheesy and easily obtainable with no copyright worries. But standby, my next video will have a much better soundtrack!

Great vid!

But, damn, that panel looks completely unreadable at night. Once fly a 152 at night with only the ceiling light to light the panel (and that's how it was built). I vowed to never do that again. Post lights or backlights for me! On the ground, I though, eh, this'll be fine, I can read it. But add the vibration of the engine and the actual dynamics of flight, and I could barely pick up the needles, let alone read the numbers. Thankfully, the 152 is generously forgiving and I just flew it by feel through the pattern and parked it.

Very nice.

Are all 172s that cozy? My father had a 172N, I don't recall it being that tight inside.

Did you have to edit out either of you having to pee in a bottle? :D

Great vid!

But, damn, that panel looks completely unreadable at night. Once fly a 152 at night with only the ceiling light to light the panel (and that's how it was built). I vowed to never do that again. Post lights or backlights for me! On the ground, I though, eh, this'll be fine, I can read it. But add the vibration of the engine and the actual dynamics of flight, and I could barely pick up the needles, let alone read the numbers. Thankfully, the 152 is generously forgiving and I just flew it by feel through the pattern and parked it.
All we really cared about was oil temp and pressure! lol

Very nice.

Are all 172s that cozy? My father had a 172N, I don't recall it being that tight inside.
Thanks! the 172(no model letter) is a bit smaller than the others, but lighter and flies better!

Did you get authorization to fly the drone at the airport? And did you file a NOTAM? :p
of course! ;)

My Mooney is the same way. Gotta get some lights in it one of these days...

lol, it adds to the experience!

Did you have to edit out either of you having to pee in a bottle? :D

I saved that for the private collection! haha

VanDy, what was your route of flight? I enjoy tracing the steps of airplanes. Those mountain views at 1:27 were *gulp* impressive!

VanDy, what was your route of flight? I enjoy tracing the steps of airplanes. Those mountain views at 1:27 were *gulp* impressive!
Sorry I missed this! We did KEUL-U42 on day 1, then U42-KRWL-07K-KSWT-3MY-KSGH on day 2!

What kind of insurance is needed to be a ferry pilot? Working on my commercial now and not sure I want to go the CFI route.

What kind of insurance is needed to be a ferry pilot? Working on my commercial now and not sure I want to go the CFI route.
I get named insured with my customers. A wet commercial and 300 hours of tailwheel and I got approved. I've only had insurance turn me down once, didn't have enough turbo prop single, but I had 300 hours turbo prop-multi-tailwheel! Lol

Good to know. Diversify my experience. Working on HP, complex and tail wheel at the moment.

Funny you say that, when I am watching airplane content on Youtube without headphones my wife says she knows its airplanes because it is the "Plane music".

Funny you say that, when I am watching airplane content on Youtube without headphones my wife says she knows its airplanes because it is the "Plane music".
Hahah, I actually just started subscribing to a music service, so:
Hopefully the future ones will be better

Sorry I missed this! We did KEUL-U42 on day 1, then U42-KRWL-07K-KSWT-3MY-KSGH on day 2!

KRWL - a true garden spot. Well at least they are friendly and have a courtesy car to get lunch...if there was anyplace decent to get lunch...

KRWL - a true garden spot. Well at least they are friendly and have a courtesy car to get lunch...if there was anyplace decent to get lunch...
I try to make my over night in Torrington, when I can.

Late start on the first day, but on the second day made it from Salt Lake City all the way to Dayton, OH!
My question, why did you go to Salt Lake City when Rock Springs would have saved you crossing those high rocks.

My question, why did you go to Salt Lake City when Rock Springs would have saved you crossing those high rocks.
Lots of reasons, most of all, I was able to cover a decent but of ground, stay in a nice hotel, and not fly in the mountains at night

What type of drone are you using?
That was a phantom 2 with a go pro on a gimbal. (No remote view) Just picked up a manic air and can't wait to try it out!

I get named insured with my customers. A wet commercial and 300 hours of tailwheel and I got approved. I've only had insurance turn me down once, didn't have enough turbo prop single, but I had 300 hours turbo prop-multi-tailwheel! Lol

Off-topic, not the most knowledgeable on all the different types of aircraft. You have 300 hours in a turbo-prop, multi engine, tailwheel plane? What aircraft?

Off-topic, not the most knowledgeable on all the different types of aircraft. You have 300 hours in a turbo-prop, multi engine, tailwheel plane? What aircraft?
Beech 18 westwind 3!

Here's a video my buddy Dewey made of me flying it

That was a phantom 2 with a go pro on a gimbal. (No remote view) Just picked up a manic air and can't wait to try it out!

You'll like the mavic...I have the pro and it is amazing what these things can do now.

A headlamp with a red light is great for night flying in old airplanes with crappy/old/unreliable cockpit lights

You'll like the mavic...I have the pro and it is amazing what these things can do now.
I've played with it a bit, it's pretty awesome so far! Just ordered ND filters for it

Just recognized this but the guy in the left seat of your first video looks like the pilot who proposed to his girlfriend during a fake engine failure.

Just recognized this but the guy in the left seat of your first video looks like the pilot who proposed to his girlfriend during a fake engine failure.

Lol that wasn't either one of us! I did however, propose to my ex wife with the airplane, that was dumb!

Back