Idaho plane that crashed was dropping toilet paper

Was this guy paid by the RNC to drop TP. IF so can you use an experimental aircraft in a commercial operation.

I have been told of dropping toilet paper as a skill-building exercise. You drop the roll and then fly back and forth, slicing through the resulting streamer with your wings. There is a possibility, with about the third slice of entering a stall or spin. The idea has intrigued me, but never to the point of ever trying it.

It might be interesting to watch from the ground.

I have been told of dropping toilet paper as a skill-building exercise. You drop the roll and then fly back and forth, slicing through the resulting streamer with your wings. There is a possibility, with about the third slice of entering a stall or spin. The idea has intrigued me, but never to the point of ever trying it.

It might be interesting to watch from the ground.

I don't think it is really that much of a skill building exercise. It is fun however Throw it out and fly in circles. Start at the top of the streamer and cut small sections off by flying a continuous descending circle. If you start at the bottom you will cut the tube off and it loses it leading weight and just balls up onto a small ball of TP.

Doubt you would see the TP from the ground and if you do they they are doing it to low.

I haven't ever tried it in the the glider, hopefully it wouldn't out climb me in a thermal. But the glider turn radius is small enough that it might be fun, I have thermal-ed around pieces of paper, garbage bags, and corn husks before.

Doing steep turns to PTS standards is probably more skill building.

Brian

Back