ID Assistance, please....

Skip Miller

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skip Miller
I found this old derelict doing runway sentinel duty today at 08R. It appears to be an eastern block aircraft - there is some writing on one of the doors that seems to me like it is slavic in nature - Russian etc. There is a N number N621CC but that number is assigned to a Beech Queen Air. A Queen Air this ain't.

-Skip

Attachments

• Gofly 004.jpg
    Gofly 004.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 69
The only reason I didn't conclude that it is an AN-2 is there is no sign of the top wing. Keep the suggestions coming!

-Skip

I found this old derelict doing runway sentinel duty today at 08R. It appears to be an eastern block aircraft - there is some writing on one of the doors that seems to me like it is slavic in nature - Russian etc. There is a N number N621CC but that number is assigned to a Beech Queen Air. A Queen Air this ain't.

-Skip

If you look carefully, you can see the attach fittings behind the windows on top of the fuselage.

The prop are pitched it the opposite direction. now it is possible to adjust them that much?

I just looked at the photos I took again. A picture of the left side of the plane shows the N number more clearly. What I mistook for a C is a 6. N6216C is still a valid reg for an Antonov AN-2. You guys are right as usual!

As for the engine, I thought the AN-2 used a Russian (or Polish) built version of the Pratt R-1800 built under license. This one does have a "backwards" rotating prop, so... :dunno:

-Skip

Last edited:
[FONT=Verdana, Trebuchet MS]Powerplant: One 985hp PZL Kalisz ASz-61 IR nine cylinder radial piston engine driving an AW-2 four blade variable pitch propeller.[/FONT]

http://www.aeronautics.ru/an2.htm

Last edited:
... and before I go writing this off as a derelict, the closest structure to it is a hangar sized steel frame building under construction. Just maybe someone has started a restoration project for this plane. I hope they have a big bank account!

-Skip

Back