ID and password

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
How do I find my current ID and password on here? On my computer, it automatically logs me in. I'd like to have it in case I log in from another computer.

Dave

Edit Preferences Privacy/Security Password Manage Stored Passwords

Dave. I appreciate the assistance. Where in the world are these setting located? I don't see them under user CP

Dave

I believe he has suggested looking at the preferences of netscape. That might not work for you if you've clicked the 'let me logged on' here but if you use netscape (or IE) to manage the passwords, you might be able to find it.
You obviously have your userid. What you're missing is the passowrd. Maybe one of the administrators could help.

Dave Siciliano said:
How do I find my current ID and password on here? On my computer, it automatically logs me in. I'd like to have it in case I log in from another computer.

Dave
You can't actually view your password in User CP. It's stored as an encrypted cookie on your local hard drive when the "Remember Me" box is checked. It's not decipherable by any of us, at least with any tools you would be able to access fairly easily.

You could simply reset your password. Since you don't seem to remember your old password, go here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

to do a password reset on your account. If you have any more issues with it, you can talk directly to support@pilotsofamerica.com and we'll reset it manually for you.

Dave Siciliano said:
Dave. I appreciate the assistance. Where in the world are these setting located? I don't see them under user CP
Dave

Sorry, I was in a hurry - yes mine are all in the browser.

Re: ID and password thread creep!

Thread creep here. On another site, I have told windows/firefox to never remember the password. I would like it to remember it now. How do I find the right cookie to delete? If not a cookie, what?

-Skip

Re: ID and password thread creep!

Skip Miller said:
Thread creep here. On another site, I have told windows/firefox to never remember the password. I would like it to remember it now. How do I find the right cookie to delete? If not a cookie, what?

-Skip
In Firefox:

Tools
Options
Cookies
View Cookies

Scroll down through the cookies. They are indexed by site name (some will just have domain name, others have www.domainname). You can delete individual cookies there.

Back