Icon A5 Purchase Contract Details - Just Awful

That said, the best thing that could happen to the A5 would be if the company sold out to Cessna, Piper or Cirrus, actually I think cirrus would be a great match for it, both construction style and demographic wise.

Of those three, I agree that Cirrus would be the best fit. Icon announced back in 2012 that Cirrus was going to manufacture a significant portion of the A5 airframe; I'm not sure what, if anything, actually became of that.

http://aviationweek.com/awin/cirrus-produce-airframe-composites-icon-lsa

Of those three, I agree that Cirrus would be the best fit. Icon announced back in 2012 that Cirrus was going to manufacture a significant portion of the A5 airframe; I'm not sure what, if anything, actually became of that.

http://aviationweek.com/awin/cirrus-produce-airframe-composites-icon-lsa
Hey flightwriter from Sydney yes Cirrus manufactured for ICON maybe that is where the production delay is coming from as I believe ICON wants to manufacture their own carbon at Vacaville HQ possibly not an easy move away from Cirrus.

AV WEB video on youtube with ICON talking up spin resistance and vortex generators and showing wing fold no flying no new info fairly useless probably paid video. will they be getting more sales at OSH 16 on a plane they cant produce to real buyers.

AV WEB video on youtube with ICON talking up spin resistance and vortex generators and showing wing fold no flying no new info fairly useless probably paid video. will they be getting more sales at OSH 16 on a plane they cant produce to real buyers.
If some of the competing designs were smart they would be standing in front of the icon booth reminding potential customers that they actually build airplanes unlike icon, the you will own the airplane unlike icon, it is much cheaper than icon, no bs contract like icon, you can sell your airplane whenever and however you want unlike icon, there is no service life unlike icon, you can fix or repair as you see fit unlike icon and oh by the way, you could easily buy two or more of brand xxxx for the price of an icon. Any questions? We will have it delivered to your door in a few weeks. Have a nice day.

If some of the competing designs were smart they would be standing in front of the icon booth reminding potential customers that they actually build airplanes unlike icon, the you will own the airplane unlike icon, it is much cheaper than icon, no bs contract like icon, you can sell your airplane whenever and however you want unlike icon, there is no service life unlike icon, you can fix or repair as you see fit unlike icon and oh by the way, you could easily buy two or more of brand xxxx for the price of an icon. Any questions? We will have it delivered to your door in a few weeks. Have a nice day.
yes i see you have done some research yet for some reason i still want the ICON A5 to make it. probably because no one will trust another aircraft company again and the damage to the industry if ICON fails. any new ICON news please share.

I can see the promotional material now: "Why wait? SeaRey - The Affordable ICON Alternative!"

Break-Time.jpg

Ahhh sheesh. Here I am, fat dumb and happy, reading my POA after several days away and what happens?
I click on an interesting article and wham, I get Zoomed.
Now I feel dirty.

I can see the promotional material now: "Why wait? SeaRey - The Affordable ICON Alternative!"

Break-Time.jpg

"OMG, are the wheels broken?!"

"It's like fabric...like the drapes?!"

"Where the hood, I can see the engine, is this thing safe?"

"Where's the rest of the interior?"

"This doesn't look safe, is this one of those ultralights?"

The demographic that buys a icon wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole.

I can see the promotional material now: "Why wait? SeaRey - The Affordable ICON Alternati.
From what I see eaa has cancelled the auction of the A5 how's that for a slap in the face from the people. Auction is 2day but I can't find it? Is it true ? Not easy to get info in Australia.

was wondering if this thread is dead Q1 wat happened to the ICON A5 auction at oshkosh .answer jack pelton of EAA said not for us thank you. so now icon is shifting carbon composite production to mexico is this a survival economic tactic or what please explain. all ears pilots of USA.

This is turning out to be a great soup opera, yes I meant soup. Now they can put one of those nice "assembled in USA from foreign and more foreign parts".

Does anyone else have the slightest doubt that they will move all production to Mexico ? Then they will ship them up to their empty factory in ca for final inspection and decal errh paint installation.

Has anyone heard the full story on why they were refused their auction an Oshkosh ?

ICON recently sent out to all people on their order list a survey/questionnaire and basically I got the feeling it was a poke to see if you still want to buy the A5 . here are some of the strange questions asked-- what do you think is a fair price for the A5? what is the maximum price that would stop you buying the A5? and then there were the intrusive bordering on offensive questions like--what is your occupation? what is your income per year? what is your net worth? its like every time they get close to production they pee off the very people they need to survive (the buyer) remember the last time 40pages of head ache buyers contract and then they announce a 1 year delay. what will happen this year? can they find another reason not to deliver any planes to real people? I think this is a make or break year for ICON AIRCRAFT.

ICON recently sent out to all people on their order list a survey/questionnaire and basically I got the feeling it was a poke to see if you still want to buy the A5 . here are some of the strange questions asked-- what do you think is a fair price for the A5? what is the maximum price that would stop you buying the A5? and then there were the intrusive bordering on offensive questions like--what is your occupation? what is your income per year? what is your net worth? its like every time they get close to production they pee off the very people they need to survive (the buyer) remember the last time 40pages of head ache buyers contract and then they announce a 1 year delay. what will happen this year? can they find another reason not to deliver any planes to real people? I think this is a make or break year for ICON AIRCRAFT.

I'd say if they're sending that out, they're already broke and/or broken.

I've noticed they have been pushing the promotions lately. Must be getting low on stolen money.

Did they make their quota of production last year? Are they going to make their quota this year? Has anyone actually received their plane yet?

Dunno but I've been lamenting the declining number of booth babes at their Oshkosh tent for a couple of years now. LOL.

Lessee, a fair price would be 20% less than advertised when you paid your deposit, with a Do Not Exceed value of the advertised price. Occupation should be listed as Contract Lawyer, and you "don't disclose your income" since it depends on the number of cases that reach the jury each year. Net worth is "comfortable" but expected to rise if your new A5 is delayed again . . . How many position owners' contact information you want to to bluff knowing is up to you. :eek:

You gotta learn two things: let it roll off like water off a duck's back, and always hit back harder than you get hit (it discourages people from hitting you a second time). Cave in and they'll be all over you like stink on poop.

This is turning out to be a great soup opera, yes I meant soup. Now they can put one of those nice "assembled in USA from foreign and more foreign parts".

Does anyone else have the slightest doubt that they will move all production to Mexico ? Then they will ship them up to their empty factory in ca for final inspection and decal errh paint installation.

Has anyone heard the full story on why they were refused their auction an Oshkosh ?

If they were smart they would have outsourced production to begin with.

If they were smart they would have outsourced production to begin with.

Yeah, but that's what everyone else did. It wouldn't have been a 'paradigm shift', whatever that means.

This thing should cost a little bit more than a jet-ski if it wants to be commercially viable.

Dunno but I've been lamenting the declining number of booth babes at their Oshkosh tent for a couple of years now. LOL.
yes DVpilot I was there at OSH 14 for the grand ICON show of ESN-1 that was their peak performance booth babes allover since then a sad decline maybe its connected with their production rate.

I've noticed they have been pushing the promotions lately. Must be getting low on stolen money.

Did they make their quota of production last year? Are they going to make their quota this year? Has anyone actually received their plane yet?
like I said what excuse for no product this year and if not I would say bye bye ICON aircraft.

Lessee, a fair price would be 20% less than advertised when you paid your deposit, with a Do Not Exceed value of the advertised price. Occupation should be listed as Contract Lawyer, and you "don't disclose your income" since it depends on the number of cases that reach the jury each year. Net worth is "comfortable" but expected to rise if your new A5 is delayed again . . . How many position owners' contact information you want to to bluff knowing is up to you. :eek:

You gotta learn two things: let it roll off like water off a duck's back, and always hit back harder than you get hit (it discourages people from hitting you a second time). Cave in and they'll be all over you like stink on poop.
like your words hank time rolls on and who knows where the price and production of the ICON A5 will be this year.

Yeah, but that's what everyone else did. It wouldn't have been a 'paradigm shift', whatever that means.

This thing should cost a little bit more than a jet-ski if it wants to be commercially viable.

That's about right. I could probably go a little more than that, but not much more.

Based on the January 2017 FAA registry, 15 Icon A5s were added to the US Registry in 2016. One is listed as "Registration Pending," the other fourteen have valid registrations.

Of the fifteen, Icon Aircraft is listed as the owner for ten of them. Three have individual's names as owners, one is registered to an LLC, and the remaining one is "Registration Pending." Here are the N-Numbers:

672BA
668BA
663BA
930BA
924BA
920BA
763BA
766BA
468BA
467BA
519BA
184BA
740BA
752BA
203BA

Of the fifteen, eight are listed as certified as Light Sport Aircraft. Five have special flight permits, and the last two are blank under "Certification."

My January 2017 registry shows four Icon A5s that had been added to the registry prior to 2016. All show Icon as the current owner; three are experimental (two Experimental-Exhibition, one Experimental Crew Training/Market Survey) and one is Light Sport.

Whether this translates to aircraft sitting on a ramp somewhere, who knows.

Ron Wanttaja

ICON says the aircraft are retained by them for use in marketing, training and support. A mystery remains why ICON is not delivering planes to customers, if they still have any.

Back