** IceBox Air Conditioner -- (Pictures)

phillipny

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
phillipny
Hey Guys,

Most of you have been following the thread on the PlaneTalk forum. We got about 100x orders in one month, and pilots are using them and posting reviews now.

I'll repost the info here below if you are interested on the Special Price:

The IceBox - $349

The IceBox is a portable air conditioning system, for your car, boat or airplane.

For Pilots: No more flying in a scorching hot cabin! Turn ON the IceBox during preflight and cool your cabin down. Jump in and start your engine for a comfortable taxi and departure to a cooler altitude. Enjoy hours of IceBox cooling power and control your comfort with the Wireless Remote (Pump and Fan controls) TIP: During cruise flight, Turn OFF the water pump at altitude with the included 2x button Wireless Remote to sustain the longest A/C possible. In Cruise Flight Mode -- Keep the fan running to push cooler air through the cabin ** 2x more cooling than the Arctic Air device! (See Below)

For General Use: Use the IceBox portable air conditioner in any environment, with or without available electrical power. Cool down the car or boat with the IceBox, and keep your engines off in the process.

Specifications

- Electrical: 12V or 24V. Max Power Consumption 4.5 Amps

- Features: Wireless Remote included (Fan/Pump), Removable Duct for Extended Reach cooling, Internal 'Cold Box' Design, 30 lbs Ice/Water capacity, Long 15' power plug

- Dimensions: 12"x16"x22"

- Weight Empty: 10lbs

- Warranty: 1 year Mfr parts & labor, 30day money back guarantee

Accessories

- AUX Battery for Stand-Alone Operation (RunTime: 1.5 Hours, Dimensions/Weight: 7.5x4.5x7, 7.5lb, Comes Fully Charged) $75

- Custom Pilot's Cable to switch between ship's power and Aux Battery (useful for preflight, fuel stops and post-flight draining the box) -- $50

- Custom Gel Packs for Ice Substitute- One "IceBox" gel pack has 10x more cold material than consumer packs; Contains a thin insulation sleeve to transfer cold BTUs out, rather than the hard insulated store-brand types (6x10x1.25, 48oz Gel, 2lb, Reusable 'fuel' Save $$ on Ice, 10x packs fit an IceBox) -- $5/each

- Extension Drain Hose w/ Quick connect adapter (4' length, Each IceBox comes with this cable, An Extra Hose for added length) - $5

- Aux Battery Charging Cable - $5

- SwitchBox for Remote Control Operation $299

- Shipping: IN STOCK

Order here if interested. Specs and Info on the site
http://switchboxcontrol.com/icebox/

IceBox_Front_beech.jpg

PolarIceBox_AuxBattery_beech.jpg

Polar%20IceBox%20vs%20Arctic%20Air%20-%2020lbs%20Ice__beech.jpg

Polar%20IceBox%20-%20Remote%20Control_beech.jpg

Special Sale this week for OSH - $299 (discounted from $399)

Few days left on the $299 (down from $399) discount

PM sent. Do I need a promo code when ordering to get the $299?

Nice talking on the phone Brian. Happy to help and get you setup on your c182/ bonanza combo

Extending our special OSH pricing - $100 off - until end of the weekend.
Almost over!

We've gotten so many pilots looking for our booth at EAA but we are in NYC covered in cooler dust! This week the orders have been flooding the email box and phone orders. Your orders are all in the system before the sale ends.

Send me a PM if you're interested in a unit.
support@switchboxcontrol.com

Ok... we're gonna keep the $299 price going.

We are getting many responses, and it will help grow the project so we can invent the 'thermostat smart App' device for everyone

Send me a PM if you're still interested in a unit.

Phillip; what will this "smart App" do for us?

I'll repost from a thread on BTalk thats running about it:

---------

"......Taxiing to the departure #s, I remembered to reach under the seat and make a quick flip of the Pilot's Cable from "Aux Battery" to "Plane Power". Nice, i see the ammeter read 4Amps higher. I know that Im on plane power. Lifting out was uneventful but there were some beautiful T-6 and T-34s in the pattern.

The clouds were right above me at 1500' and it was bumpy. I had the IceBox pointed right on my neck and it was perfect there. At this point The IceBox had probably been on for 1 hour and I started experimenting.

1. I turned off the fan. Mannnnn.... Scorching immediately. Right behind your ears.
2. I tried turning off the pump and used my IFR watch to count how many seconds until the exhaust temp got warm again... I calculated 3.5mins and I wanted the pump again.
3. I turned the pump on.. moved some more freezing water into the "radiator chamber" and then turned off the pump again... Again 3.5 mins of nice cool air and then warm.

** Do you guys see where Im getting here... I need to build you all a small Arduino/Bluetooth box with an external exhaust temp sensor and an internal water temp sensor. It plugs into your IceBox and then your power cable plugs into it. Score for a removable cable design! Then.. I need to make you a FREE Tablet or Phone APP (a la SwitchBox) which has a graphical user interface. It asks you "What temp for your Cabin?" You set the temp... a picture pops up with a recipe for this setup (3 gel packs + 15 lbs Ice + .5g water... foam lid... 20 lbs ice) and 2x switches (app/software) which control your fan and pump. In the Auto setting you got a THERMOSTAT ! Pump on... prime the radiator with freezing water, pump off. Fan ON. Monitor cabin temp at the desired user setting. Cabin temp is getting too hot... pump ON.. displace water in radiator for 5 seconds.. primed. Pump off. Guys, the AC will last for 10 hours this way. Probably more. Climb to altitude. Cabin temp is 70 degrees. Unit goes to sleep. Start your descent, cabin temp rising, water temp is still low = available for cooling ... turn On unit and max it out for the hot descent. No more thinking/work needed after this box comes out. ** "

The reviews from the many purchasers of this product at BeechTalk (a demanding bunch, too!) are very good. Just a data point (no, I don't have one yet).

I just like the way Phillip is innovating. Plus, apparently, extremely responsive to customer suggestions and in customer service. Good for us all.

Thanks for the compliment.

The other product I have featured in Sportys/ASpruce and Aopa got destroyed on this forum! haha. The reviews were great but the responses were really intense.

I actually havent posted on this site in over a year, so I would say the POA group is the most demanding. :)

If I can get a few POA members interested in the IceBox and help out here... then Ive truly succeeded with this project.

The Bonanza and Cirrus forums have been really really supportive. We've already built over 100x units for their planes and everyone is happy. The pictures and stories on those sites are priceless.

Well, my passengers are dress up for summer flying. No need for cooling

Attachments

• Copilot.jpg
    Copilot.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 107
Looks hot in there to me.

"Hey, put on your bikini and let's go flying".... Sounds like either a great pick up line or a good way to get slapped.

My air and ground crew in their summer attire. I am the one in the water. "Don José here is your Corona from the IceBox"

Attachments

• Amphibian Rescue.jpg
    Amphibian Rescue.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 69
  • AVGAS Girls.jpg
    AVGAS Girls.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 69
Phillip, Could this "off label" idea work for your box and iphone app...

Pre-cooling my SUV before I get into it after work.

Where I work and need to park, there is no shade, and it's on the western side of the building. So during this time of the summer, by the time I get to the car to head home, the interior of the car is approaching unbearable.

Could I preload your box with the gel packs, have them stay cold through the morning, add water at lunch, and then around 4:00-4:30, have the app start up and cool down the interior so that when I get in to go home, the temps are back down to a more tolerable level?

Your idea is great and I actually have a lot of guys on the Vans Airforce site using their IceBox in their cars!

They have my switchbox and remote start it before they arrive.

It works very well actually
P
p.s. Keep up with the co-pilot photos. come on :)

Where I work and need to park, there is no shade, and it's on the western side of the building. So during this time of the summer, by the time I get to the car to head home, the interior of the car is approaching unbearable.

Could I preload your box with the gel packs, have them stay cold through the morning, add water at lunch, and then around 4:00-4:30, have the app start up and cool down the interior so that when I get in to go home, the temps are back down to a more tolerable level?

You may end up with a hot, humid, steamy environment and a dead battery. Some new cars comes with remote control power up that allows you to have the air conditioner or heat running before you open the door. My son has one of those. You only need to turn the car on for 5 minutes before opening the door. You usually turn it on when coming out of the building to the parking spot. A must feature in winter time.

No dead battery

For this setup you run it off the aux battery in the Icebox and its separate from the plane/car system

P

I still want a smaller unit for my smaller airplane.

*sigh*

Me too. It's gonna be tough to fit the double radiators and fan in a much smaller unit.

And you need volume to store the 'ice fuel'
P

We are going to pick a new winner for the August giveaway in a few weeks.
If you are interested, visit the link and send us a photo of your plane for the free Giveaway.

Includes: Private Air-to-Air and Ground based photo shoot, All images for download, Private website gallery and 1x large framed photograph. Package valued at $1000

http://switchboxcontrol.com/news/

book_image17.jpg

We're making good progress on the Bluetooth Control for the IceBox. Let us know if you have any questions
p

Wouldn't it be simpler to get one of those remote start keyfobs that'll work a long ways away (and many are two-way for confirmation) and just start the truck on your way to it? $100 at most auto stereo stores, installed. And works in winter too. Just make sure you leave the heat/AC set appropriately or if you have it, in Auto mode.

If you guys are interested in the free giveaway this month, Send me a PM or email to:

The odds of winning it are really high this cycle, not many entries this month
P

Find some guy at a salvage yard who knows about the accessories on cars. He'll help you find what you need for yours.

Love Red.

Quanto Omni Flunkus Moritati. Wise words to live by. LOL!

I wish Adam and Jamie would do another duct tape episode and invite Red along as a guest mythbuster.

Love that NYMag photo. I did put a tube amp and record player in my car...
but no window unit yet. Thats awesome. Ha

We're getting a lot of orders from Aircraft Spruce, but if you want one direct PM me and I'll put you on the list
P

DeLonghi PACC100E 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control is the best portable air conditioner brand known to me so far..It modes include air conditioning, dehumidifying and fan only for use in a room up to 350 square feet..I had it for 3 years. It still works like a charm.This has been an amazing purchase...

Back