Ice balls keep falling on my head

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
It's hailing again at the house and I assume KAPA again.

Radar shot and video forthcoming...

Pea-sized. Not Texas-sized, thank goodness.

4b94241c-9d44-18ad.jpg

I was going to go out to the store then I noticed that it was pretty dark to the west. Of course it doesn't really matter if my car gets more hail damage. I haven't had the estimate yet...

Local CBS affiliate just asked if they could air a little of that clip.

Guess I'll see if it makes the cut for the afternoon news in a bit. Something better could easily bump that unless it's a slow news day. ;)

Shows that news distributors are monitoring social media closely see days.

Tornado Warning for SE Adams County near Bennett. NWS put it out as a multi-county thunderstorm warming so it triggered the automatic sirens here 20 miles behind the storm.

You gotta love automation. Kinda fun to hear the NWS alert live and hear the sirens start. Kudos to the geeks who built that trigger system. Now to get the warnings in the right counties... ;)

Guess I'll see if it makes the cut for the afternoon news in a bit. Something better could easily bump that unless it's a slow news day. ;)

Shows that news distributors are monitoring social media closely see days.

Nice video, B.J. :D

The real question is how does the sky look behind the storm. I'm in WWW an wanna make it to Denver.

The local newsies making so much use of available youtube-style video to report their news reminds me of Gallagher's solution to national defense against the Soviet Union.

Instead of spending all that money on the "Missiles on Trains" system, just mount them on motorhome and send the grandparents out on a permanent road trip vacation. Called it, "ICBMW's" or Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Winnebagos

Tornado Warning for SE Adams County near Bennett. NWS put it out as a multi-county thunderstorm warming so it triggered the automatic sirens here 20 miles behind the storm.

You gotta love automation. Kinda fun to hear the NWS alert live and hear the sirens start. Kudos to the geeks who built that trigger system. Now to get the warnings in the right counties... ;)

And this is why most of the airplanes based at FTG (real close to Bennett) are in hangars....And why lots of people based at FTG even when they live close to APA (like me)

Joel - please don't take this as gloating. What happened to your commanche is just horrible.

Since he didn't post, Clark made it in. He said it was bumpy over the usual spots up near the Wyoming/Colorado line.

Even funnier, he pocket dialed me from his hangar earlier, which turned into the usual, "Hey glad ya made it in safely. Weather got better and that cell southwest didn't blow up."

I wish that cell had been a bit further north. The wildfire guys could have used the heavy rain to get the fire to lie down. There wasn't a lot of gusty wind with it. It would have been a nice fire soaker.

Good news is, the airmass behind the line of storms is very humid tonight for here. That'll help tonight. But they're in a race against time. Monday is supposed to be hot and windy.

Fire jumped the road they were trying to hold today. Sucks. It happens, but it sucks.

Back