IACRA question

Wheels

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Wheels
I am filling out IACRA for my IGI certificate. When I get to the section for aeronautical experience, should I fill it out or just leave it blank since there is no experience required for a ground instructor certificate? If it is not required to fill it in is there any advantage to taking the time to do it?

The TEB had me redo my form without totals since they weren't needed.

The only benefit I could see is if you lost your logbook, you would at least have a snapshot of your totals up to that date.

Thanks everyone, I already keep a separate copy of my logbook as well as an excel spreadsheet that I update every week so I'm not too worried about not knowing how many hours I've got if something happens to my official logbook. I'm going to do the application without the hours.

The only benefit I could see is if you lost your logbook, you would at least have a snapshot of your totals up to that date.

Keep in mind that if you put flight times on an application, whether they're necessary or not, make sure to bring your logbooks, as the examiner/inspector will need to verify them.

Back