IACRA Question

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Filling in the IACRA form for an upcoming practical exam, I thought of this question...

How is the numerical information used beyond recording that I have the required hours for the certificate or rating being applied for?​

I believe it creates a data point for reference, same as a medical application. You often see it referred to in accident reports, that the pilot reported XXX hours at the time of his last application, etc. What else is done with that data I have no idea.

I'd also assume it provides some measure of check and balance. If you reported 200 hours at your medical, then 6 months later report 1,500 hours for your ATP checkride, it might draw a second look.

It can also help if you have paper logbooks and one gets destroyed, you have an hour reference on where you last left off.

It is an official document, the only uses are above.

it might draw a second look
Hopefully this one I did on my Commercial Check ride remains under the radar.....:eek::rolleyes:

Found it few weeks after I had completed the ride and had the plastic in hand.

IACRA Mistake.png

I believe there’s a way in the user manual to submit and updated one at any time. Can fix that error.

Also some folks (whether or not a good idea I’m not debating here) only fill out the required for any particular ride or whatever.

Saves time. It doesn’t force you to fill in any but the necessary fields for a particular ride.

Also means it can’t be used as a logbook backup but many folks have other ways to accomplish that.

Hopefully this one I did on my Commercial Check ride remains under the radar.....:eek::rolleyes:

Just explain that you have a CP-ASEL-TARDIS rating.
Or rather, you will. In the future.
It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Back