IA currency

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
To keep your IA certif. current, you must ...?
I think it used to be perform 6 annuals and or 337s each year.

To keep your IA certif. current, you must ...?
I think it used to be perform 6 annuals and or 337s each year.

it is 4 annuals, (and/or) 8, 337s, or 1 progressive inspection.

How do the regulations cover this situation?

You are an IA and want to stay current. But you don't want to work for anyone else - too much liability and too much aggravation.
You only own one airplane yourself.
What is to stop you from doing 4 annuals on your airplane each 12 months? (Hey - you are thorough.)
Obviously if you are audited it won't fly.
But do the regs specify this can't be done?

You are an IA and want to stay current. But you don't want to work for anyone else - too much liability and too much aggravation.
What is to stop you from doing 4 annuals on your airplane each 12 months? (Hey - you are thorough.)

You must fill out a activity form and that is how your ASI determines your activity. they have the authority to deny you. I'd not like to bet my ticket on getting renewed on 4 annuals on one aircraft.

It's Really easy, to take the recurrent training given every year.

The rules require you be "actively engaged" in being an A&P, so sign 1 log book, and take the training or do the required number of inspections,

Last edited:

If that aircraft is in a progressive inspection cycle, or 8 337 were completed, it will work for renewal.

no, this is one time being technically correct probably won't work.

you mention recurrent training post 5
is that another option not mentioned in post 2?
(didnt have time to read the links yet)

you mention recurrent training post 5
is that another option not mentioned in post 2?
(didnt have time to read the links yet)

Yes,,,,,,,,,,,, read the reg. 65.93, (a) 4

Did mine through Recurrent this cycle, used the Gleim course. :thumbsup:

You were required to be an A&P-IA to get the ASI job, why should you need to renew ? Why can't the ASIs be placed in suspension until they no longer work for the FAA?

Isn't giving the recurent training enough to renew you?

You were required to be an A&P-IA to get the ASI job, why should you need to renew ? Why can't the ASIs be placed in suspension until they no longer work for the FAA?

Isn't giving the recurent training enough to renew you?

I'm Operations. The FAA will allow an Inspector to place his IA on suspension while he's employed. However I still use mine (aircraft owner).

You are correct, the Airworthiness guys can renew their IA's through classes at the Academy.

I'm Operations. The FAA will allow an Inspector to place his IA on suspension while he's employed. However I still use mine (aircraft owner).

You are correct, the Airworthiness guys can renew their IA's through classes at the Academy.

Operations.

Holly Crap, I though you were a real ASI.

How about four wrecked Aircraft and sign each off as unairworthy for bent whatever. Doesent seem to be much libility in that.

How about four wrecked Aircraft and sign each off as unairworthy for bent whatever. Doesn't seem to be much liability in that.

If some A&P didn't throw away the logs after the wreck.

Why not simply work one old aircraft, (that never flies) and take the recurrent training ?

Back