I wish I could talk to someone

U

Unregistered

November was one of the most craptastic months of my life.

I have not had any real tragedies, but have had several unexpected financial setbacks (including a broken airplane) and a person close to me is having sudden serious health issues.

I'm responding by eating way too much, which upsets me, which makes hungry which upsets me.....

I just feel like almost all the joy has washed out of my life.

I'd like to talk to an objective trained professional about these issues, but the last thing I need is an FAA hassle.

I would never, under any circumstance, take any sort of prescription drugs for this kind of thing.

If I do decide I just have to take some advice from some kind of counselor what kind of professional is least scary to the FAA?

Doesn't matter. Health first, airplanes second. And not to put too fine a point on it, but your airplane is broken anyway.

please try to workout. hit the weights or a treadmill............something to help release the stress while also doing good for yourself. it will, in turn, reduce overall stress while benefiting you in so many ways. if done properly, it will only benefit you and help you thru these tough times. and it can be free.

You could talk to a Pastor, Priest, Rabbi....

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...rescribing-exercise-before-medication/284587/

Excerpt:

"Depression is the most common mental illness—affecting a staggering 25 percent of Americans—but a growing body of research suggests that one of its best cures is cheap and ubiquitous. In 1999, a randomized controlled trial showed that depressed adults who took part in aerobic exercise improved as much as those treated with Zoloft. A 2006 meta-analysis of 11 studies bolstered those findings and recommended that physicians counsel their depressed patients to try it. A 2011 study took this conclusion even further: It looked at 127 depressed people who hadn’t experienced relief from SSRIs, a common type of antidepressant, and found that exercise led 30 percent of them into remission—a result that was as good as, or better than, drugs alone."

please try to workout. hit the weights or a treadmill............something to help release the stress while also doing good for yourself. it will, in turn, reduce overall stress while benefiting you in so many ways. if done properly, it will only benefit you and help you thru these tough times. and it can be free.

This.
Nothing beats physical exercise to help with stress. Venting also helps, which you are doing here.
Brisk walks in fresh air, running, swimming, strength training, all will do you plenty of good, and the FAA will only cheer you on.

..... and sometimes it helps to know there are others out here that have felt as though they would never be happy again, only to find we were wrong. Looking back I can say I've had a number of such occurrences. Time will help. In the meanwhile... exercise, take care of yourself and look forward to your future. It will, in all likelihood, be better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back