I wish all of you could understand

David_L_Wilson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
David L Wilson
I posted my book on this forum not to make money, believe me. I only wanted to share my passion for aviation to you all. If you email me I will send you a book for free.

No fooling, I just want people to share my work with the youth. I am a very sucessful architect and don't need the small percentage of royaltie money.:mad2:

I posted my book on this forum not to make money, believe me. I only wanted to share my passion for aviation to you all. If you email me I will send you a book for free.

No fooling, I just want people to share my work with the youth. I am a very sucessful architect and don't need the small percentage of royaltie money.:mad2:

Then start sending copies to school libraries. I'm sure they would appreciate it.

I don't get it.... just when people start to praise you for not rattling this sabre and moving onto other aviation topics, you start doing it again? :confused: We believe you!! Let it drop.

If you really mean that then post it up as a PDF for free download. Otherwise you are just broadcasting platitudes.

At least they're not plongitudes.
If you really mean that then post it up as a PDF for free download. Otherwise you are just broadcasting platitudes.

Ok, I get it. Nobody wants to hear about my book or my intentions. I shall gracefully bow out of this message board. Good luck and I hope future conversations will be less controversial.

Dude - you are taking all this WAY too seriously.

If someone really ****es you off, you can use the "ignore" feature.

Dude - you are taking all this WAY too seriously.

If someone really ****es you off, you can use the "ignore" feature.

I know, I just enjoy seeing the short tempered blow their tops. BTW, you wouldn't belive how many hits my website is getting now.

I know, I just enjoy seeing the short tempered blow their tops. BTW, you wouldn't belive how many hits my website is getting now.

BTW Animated Gifs and dancing chickens are soooo 1998 :devil:

Invest some $$$ in a more professional website if you are trying to sell something

Invest some $$$ in a more professional website if you are trying to sell something

Dude, you can insult me but never insult......the dancing chicken!

See, it's working in its own quirky way!

I could care less about selling anything. I made my first million (penny's) when I was 36.

Free books to any and all who would like to read a good story. I currently have 75 copies my publisher sent me.

Last edited:
What, exactly is wrong with the guy trying to sell his book on this site? It does take more than a little effort to write any book, good or bad. It takes even more effort to get it published, or more money to self publish it.

Every one of us who is involved in aviation nowadays, probably owns some sort of business that sells a product or service. Most of us are in the business of trying to extract money from other people for our livelihoods, so why do some of us begrudge this guy for trying to earn a buck? Especially since his product is related to what this site is all about?

Now we have him trying to give it to us for Fing. free, and we continue to lean on him. What is up with this?

John

What, exactly is wrong with the guy trying to sell his book on this site? It does take more than a little effort to write any book, good or bad. It takes even more effort to get it published, or more money to self publish it.

Every one of us who is involved in aviation nowadays, probably owns some sort of business that sells a product or service. Most of us are in the business of trying to extract money from other people for our livelihoods, so why do some of us begrudge this guy for trying to earn a buck? Especially since his product is related to what this site is all about?

Now we have him trying to give it to us for Fing. free, and we continue to lean on him. What is up with this?

John

I agree...as long as the person doesn't advertise it on every single thread he posts on.

to answer your question, yes, that is why there is a classifieds forum.

Sorry, while I phrased the response as a question, it wasn't, really ... :tongue: What's the literary term for answering a question with another question? One that has an obvious answer?

Sorry, while I phrased the response as a question, it wasn't, really ... :tongue: What's the literary term for answering a question with another question? One that has an obvious answer?
You mean like this one? :) Rhetorical.

John

Yes, I have wondered the same thing. I posted my book in this area as it is specifically called the “The Book Club.” I understand people hating spammers. I hate them too. I reacted rudely to some earlier superficial comments and for that I apologize.
What it comes down to is this. I wish to share my joy of flight with young and old alike. If every member of this string would buy a book I would probably get a royalty check for $10. This is not about MONEY. I am still offering free books as long as my supply lasts. I really just want you guys to read and enjoy my creation.
BTW, the sequel to “Dogs Don’t Fly” is called “Some Dog’s Fly” and is almost ready to go to print. Think of it as “Always” with a dog as the main character. For those that are interested I will also be posting the Introduction and 1st chapter on its web site www.somedogsfly.com Don’t bother to look at the website yet as its not finished.

Yes, I have wondered the same thing. I posted my book in this area as it is specifically called the “The Book Club.” I understand people hating spammers. I hate them too. I reacted rudely to some earlier superficial comments and for that I apologize.
What it comes down to is this. I wish to share my joy of flight with young and old alike. If every member of this string would buy a book I would probably get a royalty check for $10. This is not about MONEY. I am still offering free books as long as my supply lasts. I really just want you guys to read and enjoy my creation.
BTW, the sequel to “Dogs Don’t Fly” is called “Some Dog’s Fly” and is almost ready to go to print. Think of it as “Always” with a dog as the main character. For those that are interested I will also be posting the Introduction and 1st chapter on its web site www.somedogsfly.com Don’t bother to look at the website yet as its not finished.

Please, for my own sanity, and your own embarrasment, don't name it "Some Dog's Fly" and instead, name it "Some Dogs Fly."

There's no reason for the apostrophe in the title.

Please, for my own sanity, and your own embarrasment, don't name it "Some Dog's Fly" and instead, name it "Some Dogs Fly."

Unless the dog is wearing clothing and the book is about his zipper...

Nick, I agree 100%.

By the way, I have lots of great pictures of dogs flying if it helps. Send me a PM if you want any material.

Oops, just a habit I have. I looked at the cover proof and the apostrophe is not there.

Nick, I agree 100%.

By the way, I have lots of great pictures of dogs flying if it helps. Send me a PM if you want any material.

Dogs Don't Fly is just a play on words. My dog in the book.....flies.

Dogs Don't Fly is just a play on words. My dog in the book.....flies.

You definitely missed me on that one. Dogs sometimes means feet, as in my dogs are tired, and so are my German shepherds. Other than that I don't get it.

Stationery Flight was a play on words. It was literally true (substitute Stationery for paper, it's about paper airplanes), but also an oxymoronic pun, since stationary is antithetical to flight.

Last edited:
Yes, I have wondered the same thing. I posted my book in this area as it is specifically called the “The Book Club.” I understand people hating spammers.

This is the stated purpose of The book Club, it is right at the top of the page;
The Book Club Welcome to the PoA Library, where you can review and discuss your favorite literature!
It is not the Book Sale club. multiple posts in multiple forums does have the appearance of spam.

BTW, the sequel to “Dogs Don’t Fly” is called “Some Dog’s Fly” and is almost ready to go to print.
What does the dog in the book do with his fly? Does he leave it open? Play with it? Eat it? ;)

Last edited:
I think we've flogged David enough for now.

Uh, "god" should be capitalized. If you are going to nit pick, you should be prepared to get your nits picked.

Only if you mean "God" as in a supreme being above all else. Nick was, I believe, referring to Libriarus-Ook, the ancient Greek god of all published works.

Only if you mean "God" as in a supreme being above all else. Nick was, I believe, referring to Libriarus-Ook, the ancient Greek god of all published works.
You are correct sir.

Nick should have capitalized the 'g' had he been talking of the supremest of all the beings.....

pastafarian.jpg

Back