I Was In a Cirrus C-22

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I didn't say I flew in one but I sat in one. A fellow landed at Wiscasset IWI on Monday. The FBO said to me, "Oh, that's Xxxxxx; he's flying up to get some live lobsters." Having arrived from the Boston area, after he refueled and before he departed in the courtesy car he gave me "the tour".
Now, that is some panel. Avidyne(sp?) screens up front(and more buttons than I can count); Garmin 430 in center console with a couple nav/com radios. He flies about 900 hours a year, in many planes; he's a fractional in the Cirrus. She is a beauty.

HR

Lawreston said:
I didn't say I flew in one but I sat in one. A fellow landed at Wiscasset IWI on Monday. The FBO said to me, "Oh, that's Xxxxxx; he's flying up to get some live lobsters." Having arrived from the Boston area, after he refueled and before he departed in the courtesy car he gave me "the tour".
Now, that is some panel. Avidyne(sp?) screens up front(and more buttons than I can count); Garmin 430 in center console with a couple nav/com radios. He flies about 900 hours a year, in many planes; he's a fractional in the Cirrus. She is a beauty.

HR

I looked in one at RST once when Cirrus was there. They pretty much completely ignored me, not that I exactly look like someone who could purchase something like that.

I was hoping they'd be cool and let me have a demo flight. Guess not. Oh well. :)

It did look pretty nice though.

Jesse,
Tell them you are working towards your CFI. They want to give every current or future CFI in the country a ride. It worked for me two years ago, got .7 in a demo flight. It was awesome!

tonycondon said:
Jesse,
Tell them you are working towards your CFI. They want to give every current or future CFI in the country a ride. It worked for me two years ago, got .7 in a demo flight. It was awesome!

I'll give that a shot next time :)

Great plane! I took a demo flight when I had 16 hours (in a 152)...I was waaaay behind the aircraft and it felt like my mind was still on the ground as I was passing through 4500'. The demo guy had me run the engine around 85%+ the entire time...I had no objections...grin from ear to ear.

Harley;

I sat in one and I felt I was doing 180 knots sitting on the ground. Maybe the next time he does a "lobster run" he will take you up. The Cirrus is quite a beauty.

John

Sounds really cool,
I actually have never seen a Cirrus in person. I can imagine that it is amazing to look at the new glass panels.

jangell said:
They pretty much completely ignored me, not that I exactly look like someone who could purchase something like that.

Jess,

Don't feel bad...I went to see one at a demo they had at a nearby airport...they ignored me too...maybe it was something I said..."I prefer airplanes that don't need parachutea."...anyway the kids enjoyed the snack food being offered.

;<)

Len

Supposedly the Cirrus is the best-selling airplane these days. It's pretty common at my airport, there's a bunch of them, so come out for a visit if you want to see them! I've never had a ride in one, though.

Toby said:
Supposedly the Cirrus is the best-selling airplane these days. It's pretty common at my airport, there's a bunch of them, so come out for a visit if you want to see them! I've never had a ride in one, though.

Yes, seems the Cirri like to flock in the more affluent areas. If you want to see a Cirrus being worked on go to Airways at LNS, Lancaster, PA. They are a Cirrus Service Center.

Anthony said:
Yes, seems the Cirri like to flock in the more affluent areas. If you want to see a Cirrus being worked on go to Airways at LNS, Lancaster, PA. They are a Cirrus Service Center.

Every few months Air Shares has a demo at Brandywine, N99.

Receipe for getting a ride:
  • Wear a blue blazer, tan slacks, button down shirt and nice shoes.
  • Casually mention that you just subdivided the family farm.
  • Don't let your kids eat all the cocktail franks
  • Don't ask about failures requiring the use of rocket fired parachutes.
Len

Len Lanetti said:
Jess,

Don't feel bad...I went to see one at a demo they had at a nearby airport...they ignored me too...maybe it was something I said..."I prefer airplanes that don't need parachutea."...anyway the kids enjoyed the snack food being offered.

;<)

Len
I get the same response at every airshow etc. I attend. That's ok I just use them for the H2O and food. I stopped in 3 times every day at oskosh to get a drink. After the first day they stopped giving it away so I just went to their coolers and helped myself.:p

If you want a free demo ride just call the company and sound important and ready to buy. They will fly to your airport and spend a few hours with you trying to sell you one.

Also I feel as though the sales staff at the airshows is for the most part gone downhill. They are now using "pretty boys/girls" that really don't know anything about flying or the planes they are selling...but they know how to sell planes I guess.

Last edited:
Iceman said:
They are now using "pretty boys/girls" that really don't know anything about flying or the planes they are selling...but they know how to sell planes I guess.

Can you request a "pretty girl"?? :goofy:

Toby said:
Maybe I will call my buddies at Cirrus and get them to bring a demonstrater to Gastons.

Hmmmmmmm.

Ken Ibold said:
Maybe I will call my buddies at Cirrus and get them to bring a demonstrater to Gastons.

Hmmmmmmm.
OMG! Yes! OMG!

Len Lanetti said:
Sure but small planes are cheaper.

Len

I'd budget about $100 a week for a pretty girl.

Back