I want one !!!!

It's almost half a million. It probably doesn't even have a transponder and other essential items for legal flight in the U.S.

Looks good in theory,would like to see it fly.

It's almost half a million. It probably doesn't even have a transponder and other essential items for legal flight in the U.S.

What items are required for legal flight in the U.S. ?

The company appears to manufacture RC helicopters. That video was made in 2012 and I cannot find any news at all of one flying, except that they were supposed to test it in 2013.

Love to see its autorotational capabilities. Of course the engine/motor will never fail on one though.:D

Does it have a beer, uh, I mean a drink holder?

Looks like a cool toy, but I'm not sure it's practical for much else.

An outfit in New Zealand was looking for a flight test engineer for something similar not long ago. ISTR they're already in flight test.

edit: http://www.martinjetpack.com/

Nauga,
who asks, "Is this on the card?"

Last edited:
Love to see its autorotational capabilities. Of course the engine/motor will never fail on one though.:D
I'm sure it will auto-rotate, just not sure about which axis. :eek:

Serious question, what kind of auto capability do other coax helicopters have?

Nauga,
by the warm glow of the chip light

Nauga,

Coaxial do quite well in autorotation compared to single rotors. Sink rate is slower and can land slower.

The gear on this thing don't seem to suggest it can do a normal descent with ground run. Not sure how much forward speed is necessary to keep the blades spinning or if it's designed for a zero airspeed landing. Either way, I'd want a healthy RW background prior to operating this thing.

It looks as though it's quite capable of killing you without even leaving the ground.

A chair with two propellers that never flies?

Shouldn't be too hard to make.

Anybody catch the name on the craft at :53? Is that a joke?

Anybody catch the name on the craft at :53? Is that a joke?

I did and it reminded me of a time I was doing a Ground Prox Warning System test on an ANA 747 and I swear the computer was saying "Poor Up!! Poor Up!!"

I did and it reminded me of a time I was doing a Ground Prox Warning System test on an ANA 747 and I swear the computer was saying "Poor Up!! Poor Up!!"

But did you ever listen to the voice on the wind shear box ? I swear it's the robot from Lost in Space !!!

Wind Shear Ahead Will Robinson! Wind Shear Ahead! :rofl:

Nauga,

There's a couple videos on YouTube with the big Russian one doing an Auto that seemed ok.

Back