I want more!

ChrisK

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Toph
I'm considering buying the Sporty's online IR training. I miss having something to study.

Is there a reason I shouldn't? I know of some alternatives. Thoughts? Should I get the CD version? (I like the immediacy of the online version, but I wonder if it is like a subscription - can I review it if it gets updated?)

I'm considering buying the Sporty's online IR training. I miss having something to study.

Is there a reason I shouldn't? I know of some alternatives. Thoughts? Should I get the CD version? (I like the immediacy of the online version, but I wonder if it is like a subscription - can I review it if it gets updated?)

Have you though about learning another language? Save you a lot of money :)

Are you planning to get yor IFR or just want to study it for the sake of learning. If it is the former I would aske your CFII, if it is the later I think I would save my money and invest it in something that is more useful for VFR flying such as weather.

Doug

I have and am currently using the Sporty ir course on DVD, nice to take places or watch when you don't have online access. I like it much better then the king series I bought 8 years ago.

Are you planning to get yor IFR or just want to study it for the sake of learning. If it is the former I would aske your CFII, if it is the later I think I would save my money and invest it in something that is more useful for VFR flying such as weather.

Doug

Thanks for the comments so far!

My CFII tells me to stop reading books and watching videos and just listen to him. I ignored him and aced my pp oral, whipping out facts he never taught me ;) I think we have come to an understanding now that I learn this way. He doesn't mind Sportys study buddy, and I do enjoy multimedia presentations. Your statement about studying weather is well taken. I just figured if I'm doing book larnin', exploring academic requirements for a new rating isn't a terrible idea.

I would also recommend studying weather and a bunch of longer cross country flights first.

Learn ballroom dancing, get yourself a cougar. Cougar could = brand new airplane, free fuel. :D

-John

Thanks for the comments so far!

My CFII tells me to stop reading books and watching videos and just listen to him. I ignored him and aced my pp oral, whipping out facts he never taught me ;) I think we have come to an understanding now that I learn this way. He doesn't mind Sportys study buddy, and I do enjoy multimedia presentations. Your statement about studying weather is well taken. I just figured if I'm doing book larnin', exploring academic requirements for a new rating isn't a terrible idea.

I received my CFI in 1969 and still learn new things every day. One of the things that I have learned is that if all you know is what your instructor tells you, you are in a world of hurt.

Bob Gardner

I received my CFI in 1969 and still learn new things every day. One of the things that I have learned is that if all you know is what your instructor tells you, you are in a world of hurt.

Bob Gardner
Thank you for making this comment sir. I appreciate it.

Back