I want a (not so young) Eagle Flight!

Tomahawk674

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tomahawk674
I love flying the Tommahawk.... but it's kind of all I've flown. I had some hours in a C172E (old...) and I rented a nice Warrior once, but it costs and arm and a leg when you add the CFI.

Well basically I don't get to try flying in any different planes, EVER. I want to at least ride in a Bonanza, or a Mooney, or a Grumman (someone in this forum is smiling right now). I just want to try something different from the Tommy. Hopefully something bigger, I cut myself getting out of it the other day, and I'm not far or tall, it's just hard to climb in or out.

If anyone has got any business coming near KSTJ with their plane, and feel like being charitable, let me know, and yes I would help cover the fuel.

Takers?

You need to come to Gaston's next Summer and you most likely would be able to fly a wide variety of planes.

Dean said:
You need to come to Gaston's next Summer and you most likely would be able to fly a wide variety of planes.

I echo the above.

My FBO hosted a cookout one year. It was a time for vendors to show off their stuff to wouldbe(?) buyers. Some of the locals brought their equipment. One being an enstrom helo of some type. While looking aroung, the enstrom owner catches up with the salesman for a TBM 700 and convinces him he's got the money for a new one, all it takes is a test drive. Being a 6 passenger, you wouldn't want to fly them empty so load up. While only the back seat, I can claim a free ride in a (36 hour) TBM. Smell that fresh new leather.
Another time hanging out at the airport, a guy needed a ride back from a local airport where he was leaving his twin Cessna. I got to ride along in the right seat. Even got a little stick time.
Same FBO was delivering a Citation 2 for service 30 miles away. I got a round trip - first on the Citation then on the Saratoga on the way back.
I did pay for the privelege of flying a T6. One of the traveling warbird rides flew for 2 weeks out of my local airport. My Father's Day present that year was the "Ace's" - a 30 minute ride with hands on time and aerobatics. If you know the T6, thats like Dale Jarrett racing the big brown truck in the Daytona 500. But it sure was fun.
Join a local chapter of the EAA or some other local flying club. Go to flyins, cookouts, field trips, ralleys. You'll find someone willing to give you some stick time - not necessarily from the left seat, but who's counting. Sometimes, it really is a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Dean said:
And the 235 nm trip from St Joseph should be do-able in a Tomahawk. Unless you take Diana along and the weather is lousy. Then it would be at least 500 nm.

I don't think I can fly out to Gastons exactly, seeing as how I would need a CFI. It's a big limitation. (always fly with CFI, can't get medical for those who don't already know).

Best chance would be for a passing member to give me a lift, but I think that's impossing way too much.

I do need to meet some pilots if I want to experience some new/different flying, I'll call up the FBO to see if they have anything going on.

lancefisher said:
And the 235 nm trip from St Joseph should be do-able in a Tomahawk. Unless you take Diana along and the weather is lousy. Then it would be at least 500 nm.
LOL! That's quite possible! :D

Tomahawk674 said:
Best chance would be for a passing member to give me a lift, but I think that's impossing way too much.

Bah! The more, the merrier! I'm sure someone will. Not quite sure where STJ is in the grand scheme of things, according to airnav it's only 122nm out of the way for me. Of course, I only fly a lowly C182 so nobody wants rides (unless it's the townfolk at 6Y9 :)). Someone's gotta be coming from the NW with a cool plane! If not, assuming I make it to Gaston's and our schedules mesh, I'd be happy to give ya a lift. :yes:

Back