I used to like UPS

Link went here. High kwality news blogging software. LOL

562160a7baa5f6bacfc9fe841b1965e8.jpg

LOL wow.

“an employee inside the facility told us that UPS currently has more shipments now than during the normal holiday rush”

Both our Fedex and UPS guy both said this months ago and both have asked if I knew anyone who needed work. They’ll hire pretty much anybody right now.

Never once saw an actual Amazon branded vehicle out here ever until this month. I assume it’s a response to their shippers being backed up that they expanded their contractor run van thing. Look like brand new vans, so they were probably waiting for those.

Went from none to the two of them parked butt to butt on the dirt county road two days ago sorting the mess out inside both trucks and swapping packages with each other. I assume because Amazon’s routing system is still completely screwed out here and sending these guys and gals miles out of their way. LOL. They swap stuff and pick their own dividing lines and areas to do.

Delivery chain stretched to limits for all that “essential” stuff like the record number of new TVs sold. LOL. Going to be entertaining once holiday shopping starts and there’s no place left to grab anything last minute for the kiddies! People who aren’t paying attention are going to come unglued.

I love that the story was about a Bowflex!!!! LOL. Lordy isn’t there anything in your house heavy that you can lift? Move the furniture. It’s cheaper. Ha. Hike the stairs. Bench press the chihuahua.

First World Problems.

Hahaha. Awesome. Totally awesome “news” article! :)

How well do you suppose Bezos tips? Think he carries a nice fat stack of hundos everywhere? LOL

Or just a pile of cards with a code for a free year of Prime? :)

LOL wow.

I love that the story was about a Bowflex!!!! LOL. Lordy isn’t there anything in your house heavy that you can lift? Move the furniture. It’s cheaper. Ha. Hike the stairs. Bench press the chihuahua.

First World Problems.

Hahaha. Awesome. Totally awesome “news” article! :)
Yabut do any of those alternatives send your exercise and health data back to mothership like Bowflex does? It's all about giving away your personal data now, doncha know? If you don't have anything to hide, then what do you have to worry about, comrade?

I assume because Amazon’s routing system is still completely screwed out here and sending these guys and gals miles out of their way.

You think Amazon's routing sucks? Looks like USPS has been taking lessons from UPS.

117222262_3680652878615442_3498646382672562819_o.jpg

They're all in a battle for the bottom it seems..

I have a FedEx shipment that left SLC on 8/11 that is currently 'scheduled' for delivery here in ATL on 8/22. That has typically been about a 4-5 day transit time in the past.

I had one USPS shipment from MI last week that sat still on the north side of ATL for two days before moving again.

I have one USPS shipment that was picked up in Las Vegas on 8/11 and was last updated in the Las Vegas USPS DC on 8/12 that simply says "Arriving Late" at this point. Who knows where it is now.

UPS and Amazon delivery has been the most consistent service in my personal experience so far. The challenge with Amazon isn't the final mile delivery - it's ordering something that is actually in stock and not waiting for the next slow boat from China.

USPS has always been the highest variability in transit time (even before this year). I've even had two shipments from the same company ship on different days and the later shipment arrived before the first - and they were both the same service class.

More like it was never designed to be at holiday levels for months at a time.

The suburbanites shall soon have to leave the cave and hunt down the elusive and wiley Bowflexes while avoiding the scary Covid monster. LOL. Maybe grab a new XBox while they’re out.

Orrrr, learn to order a month in advance and wait.

We’ve seen actual “semi-essential” stuff go from one week to three for delivery. Seems about right for the overload level. Wasn’t too hard to predict and order early, either. (Prescription dog stuff. Dogs won’t DIE without it, but no point in not figuring it out three months ago that it would, of course, take longer.)

The race right now is to see if the online retailers can push their shippers hard enough they kill as many brick and mortars as possible so their competition never returns. And whether those brick and mortars really had their web strategy built properly. And shedding a tear for the small locally owned ones already dead or dying, depending on local levels of government meddling.

My “essential” coffee beans will be here Wednesday. One day late. LOL. And yeah, if they don’t arrive I start killing people and burying them on the acreage, so truly “essential”. LOL

[snip]
My “essential” coffee beans will be here Wednesday. One day late. LOL. And yeah, if they don’t arrive I start killing people and burying them on the acreage, so truly “essential”. LOL

I've always told our facilities folks that there's infrastructure (networks, etc.) then there's CRITICAL infrastructure: Coffee pots!

I have a FedEx shipment that left SLC on 8/11 that is currently 'scheduled' for delivery here in ATL on 8/22. That has typically been about a 4-5 day transit time in the past.

I had one USPS shipment from MI last week that sat still on the north side of ATL for two days before moving again.

I have one USPS shipment that was picked up in Las Vegas on 8/11 and was last updated in the Las Vegas USPS DC on 8/12 that simply says "Arriving Late" at this point. Who knows where it is now.

UPS and Amazon delivery has been the most consistent service in my personal experience so far. The challenge with Amazon isn't the final mile delivery - it's ordering something that is actually in stock and not waiting for the next slow boat from China.

USPS has always been the highest variability in transit time (even before this year). I've even had two shipments from the same company ship on different days and the later shipment arrived before the first - and they were both the same service class.

Call them and tell them it's radioactive but unlabeled, and it's probably best if they hurry things along.
(everything is radioactive to a degree)

I have to have a document mailed to my house from a financial institution. It can't be mailed to my mailing address which is a PO Box.

USPS does not deliver mail outside of the city limits here in my part of NM.

I asked if it can be sent FedEx. They will get back to me.

I intend to live forever, or die trying....

I have to have a document mailed to my house from a financial institution. It can't be mailed to my mailing address which is a PO Box.

When I was going through UPS brainwashi...... errrr... training back 15+ years ago, one thing they bragged about was that they actually offered delivery to every doorstep in the US which USPS didn't even do. Not sure how accurate it was, but I wasn't going to challenge them on it as I sat there in my brown shirt and pants.

I intend to live forever, or die trying....
Even if it goes FedEx it may end up going USPS at the end because what FedEx does is ship some things via FedEx mail. I have a PO Box also and what my Post Office says to do is instead of shipping to the PO Box we have it shipped to the street address of the Post Office and use our PO Box number as Unit #. That way UPS will deliver to the Post Office.

Then there is this....

20200819_172855.jpg

I am amazed how little time, relatively, it has taken for society to take overnight (and other short timeframe) delivery of consumer goods for granted.

Hey there, stranger. How goes it?

Back