I Tok Off While On Fire in 0/0 with A Flat Tire And Missing Throttle Control...

dmccormack

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dan Mc
There I was....

blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
I'm awesome....

blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

I'm still awesome

blah blah blah
blah blah blah

(Not really, but since we're having at least one of these posts a night I figured I'd keep it going....)

There I was, inverted at 15,000' with a broken seat-belt and hanging by my jock strap when the radio call came from headquarters "check in all athletic equipment" . . .
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
I'm awesome....

blah blah blah
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

I'm still awesome

blah blah blah
blah blah blah

(Not really, but since we're having at least one of these posts a night I figured I'd keep it going....)

FTFY:D

...and the runway was uphill only with a tailwind BOTH WAYS!

AND WE LIKED IT!!!

Last edited:
I flew by the regs today. Entered the pattern on a 45 to ldw. Made radio calls then me and my pax got home safely, cracked a beer and watched the colts win one.

I think I mentioned that once my GPS failed as I was leaving the pattern.

I HAD TO FLY BLIND!

I did mange to find the airport and land again but it was scary!

And there I was flying through the towering cumulus with the worst turbulence of my life with no autopilot and I was forced to pee into a bottle with a bottleneck that was too small. Somehow I made it without spilling a drop.

I told Wilbur and I told Orville and I'm telling you now that thing won't ever get off the ground...

My favorite was I was sitting around with a ranger from Viet Nam and a paratroop from WWII vintage and they're telling stories and drinking when one of them says "I stepped out of the aircraft a 100 feetinto a 27,000 knot wind..." I quickly chimed in he was blown sideways for ten miles before he hit the ground...

Be careful overly criticizing posters who come clean, even though they may spin it to their benefit. These stories act as a reminder of what not to do for the experienced, and may help the inexperienced from making the same mistake.

Be careful overly criticizing posters who come clean, even though they may spin it to their benefit. These stories act as a reminder of what not to do for the experienced, and may help the inexperienced from making the same mistake.

Good caution, but a few of these posts weren't mea culpa, but rather, "See? it ain't so bad..."

That's worthy of a smackdown, IMHO.

:dunno:

...AND I didn't file a flight plan since I never call for a brief and never get an online weather briefing since what do they know anyway....
You're dangerous Dan.....no one wants to fly with you because you're dangerous....

p-84053-top-gun-val-kilmer-tom-cruise-8x10-photo-cotg-8celeb-vkilm02.jpg

If it wasn't for some of Dale Snodgrass's flying, that movie s*cked.

Answer: "I Tok Off While On Fire in 0/0 with A Flat Tire And Missing Throttle Control..."

Question: "How are the Philadelphia Eagles playing this year?"

:D:D:D

Question: "How are the Philadelphia Eagles playing this year?"

:D:D:D

Answer: A lot better than the Redskins, and the Eagles at least have a shot at the playoffs. :D

Did you see yesterdays thrashing of the Jets? :)

Actually, it was blah blah blah blah. Just sayin'.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back