I thought I knew my own area

cool Dave!

at first I thought it was going to be a story about not being able to find the airport at night. Matt and Burt did some night flying a couple years back out of MRF. from what I hear its a black hole if there's ever been one!

Aw, man, geez, now I'm going to have to fly back down that way. Something else I need to see of America. Son of a gun. There is just way too much cool stuff to see in this country.:D

Sounds like a nice flight.

Barb

Nice Picture Dave , but i didnt know the Plane was fitted with inverted Fuel and Oil. Well must have been the only way to get such a good picture.

Dave G:blueplane:

WOW! A whole 175'? :hairraise:

I didn't think there was ANYTHING in Tx that high (except the tower farm at Missouri City) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great pic! :yes:

LOL!! The famous antenna farm... a great landmark if you're trying to find SGR or AXH :)

WOW! A whole 175'? :hairraise:
I didn't think there was ANYTHING in Tx that high

Most don't realize we have peaks to almost 9000' in the far west of Texas.
Ah, an opportunity to inundate y'all with more local photos!

This is Texas, its not all 'panhandle flat'!

Attachments

• AngelFire 064.jpg
    AngelFire 064.jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Snow 012.jpg
    Snow 012.jpg
    672 KB · Views: 16
  • aNM (1).jpg
    aNM (1).jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 15
yea that was one thing that was fairly surprising to me when I was in Marfa Dave. I had never flown out of the midwest so high Density Altitude and terrain were all new to me! Second picture mustve been during the snowstorm last winter? I couldnt believe that!

Other rule: no matter how beautiful it may be, it looks even better through the window of a faithful aircraft!

Most don't realize we have peaks to almost 9000' in the far west of Texas.
Ah, an opportunity to inundate y'all with more local photos!

This is Texas, its not all 'panhandle flat'!

I didn't know that. I knew down south of NM there were some mountains, but it never clicked to me that that would be the same Rocky Mountain range that comes through here. I might have to go down there some day and check it out.

Back