I T Mavens !! N/A

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Help! I use Firefox as my prime browser, but have IE7 available. When I attempt to bring up http://www.DistinctiveViews.printroom.com (my site)via Firefox I get a big Bad Request notification. That does not happen if I use Internet Explorer. ????????????????????

Additionally, I now have a banner ad(with random rotation) on http://www.VisitBath.com (Maine Street Bath site). The "draft," below, has been spell-corrected. When in the Maine Street Bath site(having entered via Firefox) and clicking on my banner I have the identical problem as defined above. If into MSB via IE7, clicking on my banner ad brings it up with no problem.

I'm in touch with the California contact of my site, thinking that if I am having the problem with the Firefox entry, many unknown others may have the same problem(numerous having reported same) and without their knowing that IE will allow them entry. ?????????????????? Is this making any sense?

Would some of you try the two methods and see if you have the same problem? And any suggestions will be appreciated.

HR

Attachments

• Distinctive Views Banner.jpg
    Distinctive Views Banner.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Works fine for me, Jerry, both ways, with FireFox.

Nice pics, too. But you knew that.

yep - loads for me just fine in Firefox, version 3.0.8

I think it was just a trick to get us to look at all the cool pictures ... :devil:

Nice looking site! :)

I think it was just a trick to get us to look at all the cool pictures ... :devil:

Nice looking site! :)

Thanks for the responses. While I was driving to Portland to get some parts for my boat I received a call from Orlando, Engineering Dept. of Printroom. He asked me to call him when I could be at the computer; something about checking some settings. I'm about to do that, having returned after taking some shots of activity(Casco Bay Lines ferry boats at dockage and arriving at the Old Port waterfront. I'll let you know what results.

HR(keyboard button pusher)

I've, also, been using Firefox 3.0.8. After about two hours of working with the remotely-connected engineer/tech support in California, it seems to be resolved. He did bunches of tests and whatever -- while my youngest cat had a hell of a time chasing the mysteriously dancing cursor all over the monitor(my hands being stable, of course).

Under Tools > Clear Personal Data .... we couldn't get the pop-up menu.????????
Contaminated Firefox? After he signed off a just before 6:00(California time) I uninstalled Firefox, rebooted, downloaded 3.0.8, installed -- three complete times.
I still can't get that referenced pop-up, but the original problem seems to have been corrected.

Back