I stopped for a coffee at starbuck...and then

corjulo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Corjulo
I stopped for a coffee at Starbucks this morning. It took fifteen minutes. In between that time this is what happen on my road to work..

5 dead so far, some burned to death. Truck coming off a steep hill lost its brakes.. they think

That is a horrible tragedy. Are you saying you may have been involved if not for the caffeine fix?

I saw a man burn to death after his gasoline truck was hit by a drunk driver in a speeding pickup. We made eye contact as we stood by trying vainly to figure out what could be done. His shrieks I'll never forget.

Holy Sheis! There by the grace of G-d go you. Glad you stopped for java today!

Basically ya, saved by a caffein fix, although I always stop for coffee. What is amazing is the cars and bus where all at a stop light. The trucked pushed them back 60 or 70 feet. They found brake parts 3000 yards up the hill

The volunteer fire department in Avon did an incredible job. Some where on the scene in seconds, many people saved from burning to death by these gays and gals cutting them loose and pulling them through windows.

Dan. Glad you missed that one. The roads are very dangerous, but it won't get the attention of a C-150 that had a SAFE forced laning in a field.

Dan, do I see a sign that it's Route 44? In Avon? I grew up around there. Miss it, especially at this time of year.
EH

Anthony said:
Dan. Glad you missed that one. The roads are very dangerous, but it won't get the attention of a C-150 that had a SAFE forced laning in a field.
I'm not sure that is true in this case. The story made the front page of the Metro section of the NY Times.

It caught my eye as I used to commute through that intersection on a daily basis for 10 years....

-Skip

EHITCH said:
Dan, do I see a sign that it's Route 44? In Avon? I grew up around there. Miss it, especially at this time of year.
EH

Yep, 44 in AVON, right at the bottom of the hill. A real death trap. The DOT had ruled the truck un-road worthy months ago. The company that owned the truck had numerous safety violation, three times the national average. Doubt they have the insurance to cover this.

They have done all they can to make 44 safe. The real problem is we have a town next to Avon, farmington, that refuses to upgrade their main road to take some of the traffic off the 44. Even though they have a two lane direct on ramp to the highway. A lot of us in Avon are really angry today.

Last edited:
corjulo said:
Yep, 44 in AVON, right at the bottom of the hill. A real death trap. The DOT had ruled the truck un-road worthy months ago. The company that owned the truck had numerous safety violation, three times the national average. Doubt they have the insurance to cover this.

And sadly, the fine will probably be less expensive than compliance and insurance would have been. Someone should go to jail over it, but I won't hold my breath :mad:

Back