I sooooo missed PLAYING WITH MY BONANNANNANNNANNNANNANNA.....

brian]

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
brian]
Well, the prop on the old Bo finally retired. Took just a couple of days to find a "new" old prop - and then about 5 months to get all the experts to overhaul and install it. Learned a bunch about aircraft ownership. Now I want to forget by flying the old bird like I stole it from someone else!!

Played hooky the other day from work and remembered why I got that money pit - it is soooo much fun to fly ....

So, where are the fly-ins around Arkansas over the next few months??!! (OK, KS, MO, MS, LA and maybe TX - but only TX if there is nothing else going on ;) ) Other than the local EAA hamburger runs, there seem to be a couple of the Wings programs that look interesting.

But is there anything more interesting? Gastons isn't for a while (although I'll have to head up there for dinner some weekend)...

By the way, anyone know what happen to the Sun? Haven't seen that sucker in months ...

If you have an iPhone or iPad, SocialFlight is a great one that lists local aviation events. These include EAA breakfast locations as well as air shows and get togethers.

Yea, I discovered SocialFlight several years ago. Every year, it seems to get a little better, but out here in the boonies, it seems you find out about all the "cool fly-ins" by word of mouth.

I flew into Pine Bluff (KPBF) one day and the "Air Boss" asked if I was going to stay for the the air show. "Yes sir" was the answer and had fun talking to a lot of folks from North Little Rock (the RV builders over there). Wouldn't have known about that one unless I happened to be in the area ...

A doctor killer is fun to fly? You should try a Pitts :)

That's a different kind of flying - on the list though.

I think there are some guys in NW Arkansas with a Cetabra that I might pay a visit to first ...

Brian, are you on Andy Anderson's weekly aviation events email list. If not I'll PM you his email address and you can request to be included. He does a great job of tracking events in AR, S MO, & E OK.

Andy's in Harrison.

No I haven't heard about that list.. Please do send his email address...

I think there is a wild onion breakfast somewhere in Oklahoma in a few weeks... Just need to remember where I saw that note. I have an excellent crop of wild onions in the front yard right now :( might solve that problem if the onions are tasty :)

KPNC (Ponca City, OK) has a pancake breakfast fly-in the first saturday of each month. Not really much different than the burger runs, but they generally get a solid turnout in the spring months while the weather is nice.

I enjoy playing with my bonana too.

I will second the Andy Anderson list. I think he is based out of Harrison, KHRO.

KPNC is my gas stop (ok, mostly a leg stretch) when heading to liberal kansas (family).

Ok, to be honest - that little restaurant on the field is reason enough to go to KPNC...

First Saturday - might be a good reason to start out a little early one time!

Can I rent the sun this weekend?

It has been seriously wet this year. Hangaring on a grass strip definitely makes things interesting when there is a note between the hangar and the runway....

Stayed local yesterday. A front just south of us is pulling a soupy atmosphere from the gulf... Wasn't brave enough to to stay out very long ... But sure was nice to get some time in the air for a change ....

Andy has me on the email list... And I thought I knew about all the local fly-in events... Nice! And thanks Tim ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 3
Back