I passed my Checkride

Congratulations, Tris. The instrument was the hardest checkride to pass. You done good.

Well I passed my checkride with the FAA guy in the back but just by an ounce of luck. I screwed up a couple things but I think it was okay because I found the problems and tried my best to fix them I did the best I could, and the examiner let me pass. So I'm happy about having a new "temporary" in my hands but still talked to my instructor about practicing in some actual when we get the chance. I'm not perfect but I believe I wholey deserve the right to learn.

Way to go Tristan! And yes, as I said before, small mistakes are allowed as long as you correct them, I doubt the DE "let you" pass, you passed all by yourself. Welcome to the society of "blind fliers".

I believe I wholey deserve the right to learn.

With all the hard work that went into this, you deserve a lot more than that! Now you need to come to MN or IA for the summer to get a real dose of weather flying. Clouds are much easier to find up here.

I am curious about how the GPS thing went. Did you end up flying an approach or two with the KLN-89B?

Great job congrats pilot..... welcome to the smile never ends club!

Fly Safe

John

With all the hard work that went into this, you deserve a lot more than that! Now you need to come to MN or IA for the summer to get a real dose of weather flying. Clouds are much easier to find up here.

I am curious about how the GPS thing went. Did you end up flying an approach or two with the KLN-89B?
I made it as simple as possible, I dialed in "direct to Alcor" which is our IAF and then just flew to it, the rest was just listening to it's directions and following the plate.

Funny enough, the GPS was the easiest one. I did it partial panel too!!

DME/VOR was the hardest, that was a last minute change from the NDB approach so I had very little practice. The DE said my tracking of the arc was very good, I think that made up for my slight initual confusion in the beginning. But doggonit, I told him every step I was gonna do next!

Congrats !!! I'm with Mr. Levy, you didn't get by with anything it was earned. Now stay proficient. :)

Back