I Pad email???

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I see these emails that have the obnoxious ads appended to the message that say "sent from my I pad".

Are such ads optional or may you send email without them?

I'm considering buying one but won't if I have to advertise for Apple every time I send an email:mad:

Paul
N1431A
2AZ1

You just have to change the sig line in the settings for email, so no you don't have to advertise for the iPad that you bought from Apple. :rolleyes:

It is a default greeting, you can adjust it to say "I love airplanes!" or anything else if you wish.

At work, my Iphone and Ipad signatures say
"Sent from my IPhone, please excuse any typos."

I find that useful. Some people get ****y about typos, but when you say it's sent from a mobile device, they don't judge your spelling. Especially if they have any experience with Apple autocorrect.
Plus, messages sent from mobiles tend to be very short. It can seem terse. But when they know it's sent from a mobile, it changes expectations.

At work, my Iphone and Ipad signatures say
"Sent from my IPhone, please excuse any typos."

I find that useful. Some people get ****y about typos, but when you say it's sent from a mobile device, they don't judge your spelling. Especially if they have any experience with Apple autocorrect.
Plus, messages sent from mobiles tend to be very short. It can seem terse. But when they know it's sent from a mobile, it changes expectations.
I do the same thing, but I exclude the brand, cuz really, who cares?

Some of the messages I get at work from people with crackberries are shorter than their sig. :-/

I see these emails that have the obnoxious ads appended to the message that say "sent from my I pad".

Are such ads optional or may you send email without them?

I'm considering buying one but won't if I have to advertise for Apple every time I send an email:mad:

Paul
N1431A
2AZ1
It is not an ad it is the default .sig line. Simply go to your preferences and change it to whatever you like.

I've actually written a little program for my android to use "From my mobile" if I purely type the message and "From my mobile, by voice" if I use the speech to text feature, because it tends to have even more errors than when I just type it.

I just replace it with my name. Nobody cares what gadget or keyboard I'm at as long as I respond. ;)

Click on Settings app
Click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab
Click on Signature tab. Delete default message. Insert your own.
Done.
No more free Apple ads. ;)

Sent from my waaaay cool iPad. :rofl:

You just have to change the sig line in the settings for email, so no you don't have to advertise for the iPad that you bought from Apple. :rolleyes:

I feel the exact same way, with clothing as well. If you want me to advertise for you, you should give me the product.

:rofl:

Yes, you can change it or remove it entirely. It's just the default signature line.

I don't think of it as an ad or a "look at me I'm cool" but an alert that if my reply is short, it's not because I don't care about you, it's because I don't want to type a really long message on a tiny keyboard.

A clarified version that I think is better is "Sent from my iPhone, please pardon my brevity."

:rofl:

Yes, you can change it or remove it entirely. It's just the default signature line.

I don't think of it as an ad or a "look at me I'm cool" but an alert that if my reply is short, it's not because I don't care about you, it's because I don't want to type a really long message on a tiny keyboard.

A clarified version that I think is better is "Sent from my iPhone, please pardon my brevity."

Not, "Sent from my iPad 2, because I'm better than you."? It even rhymes.

Over on the Purple side we set up smileys that take the "Sent from my..." statement and inserts a blank space instead.

You can always edit the signature on your email settings mate. MY signature goes like this. "Flying is simple. You just throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Back