I need some help

cscherry

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
cman
getting up to speed with with ipad (no cell pkg) /foreflight/Dual Electronics XGPS150A.

Does the Dual Electronics XGPS150A pare with my cell phone then sync with the ipad to get weather to show on the Fore Flight app?

Any help with that hookup before I start spending money would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Pairs via Bluetooth to single device. If you have iPad, then connect direct to iPad. XGPS is now your iPad GPS, not your phone.
Download the Dual XGPS app to access GPS data.
Open Foreflight, add device.

getting up to speed with with ipad (no cell pkg) /foreflight/Dual Electronics XGPS150A.

Does the Dual Electronics XGPS150A pare with my cell phone then sync with the ipad to get weather to show on the Fore Flight app?

Any help with that hookup before I start spending money would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

This is only to add GPS to your iPad. If you want weather you would need to get either an ADS-B Receiver (ie Stratus) or you could pair the iPad with your phone and Foreflight will pull weather from Cellular while your phone has service.

Edit: Or if you like to tinker, you can build your own Stratux with or without GPS for $120-$200 and get weather for free.

Last edited:
If you have not started spending money, buy a cellular-enabled iPad (you need not activate the cellular service) and use its onboard GPS. If you want weather, get a stratus (or equivalent), or build a stratux.

Okay guys that helps make things a little more clear.

Thank you

Back