I need help choosing a flight school

tommy vercetti

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
tommyvercetti
I am based In KFRG, Republic airport in Farmingdale. The two schools I’m interested in are the Academy of Aviation and Global Aviation Center. I had my discovery flight with academy of aviation. It was an ok flight could’ve been a little better but there were some winds and traffic so I only got to feel the plane for like 20 seconds. The academy of aviation is a little more expensive I paid 135$ for half an hour in the DA20 but the global aviation center is a little cheaper for example they have Cessna 172 for $145 plus 60$ for the instructor for an hour. I don’t know which one is a better flight school. The Academy Of Aviation, the name it’s self makes it sound professional. The academy of aviation has Cessna 172´s and 1 DA40 and DA20 but Global Aviation center has a couple PA-28’s. A Cessna 172 and I believe they also have a DA40. What do you guys think I should do. I just want to get the best instruction possible.

How often can you take a lesson?

Ask the schools to provide a list of how many planes are available when you are also available. (Are they overrun with students, making consistent availability difficult?) Just weekends? Midweek days? Flying with one instructor consistently on at least a weekly basis will help you reach your goal (PP-ASEL Cert.) sooner. Second, find an instructor with a compatible personality to yours. Interview, interview, interview!

Back