I love the rain

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
It's been non-stop for over 24 hours--we've been getting up to 4"/ hr but mostly about 1/2-1"/hr. The strong winds reached gale force early this morning in the wee hours and so far is sustained. The rain has ended about :15 ago but more is on the way. TWC and local forecasters are saying the past wx is kid's stuff compared to what's coming tonight. Oh yeah, it's 38F on thermometer--but that's a 'wet' temp.

The rain just began again.

Last edited:
Try to stay dry and out of the way of mudslides, Richard.

Send some of the rain down this way. If we don't get some soon, we're going to be in the same situation that OK and northen TX is into right now.

Haha, I just sent my sister home from this
KMAF 022053Z 22013KT 10SM CLR 21/M13
to this!..........

CYYZ
FM0000Z 09015G25KT 4SM -RA BR OVC005
TEMPO 0015 2SM -DZ BR
PROB30 0015 2SM -RAPL BR OVC003

Sorry Sis!

We were watching the Rose Parade and laughed that it was the kids from Los Angeles that seemed to hate the rain more than any other.

News flash: It's been overcast here for weeks and raining for many of those days and 38 degrees to us is WARM!

mikea said:
We were watching the Rose Parade and laughed that it was the kids from Los Angeles that seemed to hate the rain more than any other.

News flash: It's been overcast here for weeks and raining for many of those days and 38 degrees to us is WARM!
Yeah, I know 38 is T shirt wx for most of you. I was laughed too especially when they interviewed one of the local teenagers. He was visibly shivering, his levis were soaked but at least his shirt was dry under what looked like a thin cotton blanket. He looked homeless but in reality had been there since very early to get a prime viewing spot. Truly amazing that he and many others were not prepared for wx they had to know was coming. Even the silly ABC commentator made light of how often she had to change clothes because she was continually getting drenched.

What really chapped my butt was here you have HS marching bands, et al, making the best of it and another tv commentator was complaining about his having to be there. ABC, you're fired!

Richard said:
Yeah, I know 38 is T shirt wx for most of you. I was laughed too especially when they interviewed one of the local teenagers. He was visibly shivering, his levis were soaked but at least his shirt was dry under what looked like a thin cotton blanket. He looked homeless but in reality had been there since very early to get a prime viewing spot. Truly amazing that he and many others were not prepared for wx they had to know was coming. Even the silly ABC commentator made light of how often she had to change clothes because she was continually getting drenched.

What really chapped my butt was here you have HS marching bands, et al, making the best of it and another tv commentator was complaining about his having to be there. ABC, you're fired!

I watch the Rose Parade on HGTV each year. No network egos, no commercials, and they don't cut away to a football game before the parade is over. That is, when we're not at the parade (1998 and 2003) in preparation for watching our beloved WSU Cougars play in the game.

It was raining hard at the parade this morning, wasn't it? I guess if you are only going to get it every 51 years, you might as well get a thorough drenching. :D

Back