I love my job....

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Today, to show their appreciation to how hard we work, Comcast decided to give us a gift. I'm touched.

It appears that its one of the free promos that HBO gave Comcast to promote a new series called "Rome."

Gotta love the appreciation.

Another reason I love being self employed...WOW!

Ah the corporate gift! Priceless. As with KD above; I am very happy to be self employed.

John

Yeah, I like self-employment, too. If I decide to give a "corporate gift" to the employees, I make sure it's something useful. The last one was a prop tach. Before that, a headset. Before that, an electronic attitude indicator ...

Ken Ibold said:
Yeah, I like self-employment, too. If I decide to give a "corporate gift" to the employees, I make sure it's something useful. The last one was a prop tach. Before that, a headset. Before that, an electronic attitude indicator ...

Nice,...might have to reconsider that self employed thing if you have any openings!!!

NickDBrennan said:
Today, to show their appreciation to how hard we work, Comcast decided to give us a gift. I'm touched.

It appears that its one of the free promos that HBO gave Comcast to promote a new series called "Rome."

Gotta love the appreciation.

Nick, I'll have to ask you to move your desk again...I'm thinking against that back wall furthest from the windows.

Ken Ibold said:
Before that, an electronic attitude indicator ...

And what did it indicate about your attitude at the time?:D

Don't feel too bad, after 19 years of service, my company announced they were selling $10 billion of their assets to reduce debt. Of course, my job is part of that 'debt reduction'.. :(

But, I've had 19 great years and will probably get about 6 more months before the sell. (I'm part of divisional staff, so I'll be given the ole pink slip)

Good thing I just got my plane financed a few months ago..
(Just won't be able to afford the gas to fly it.. )

But, no doubt, another job will come along..

Oh yes, my last 'job gift' was a wooden yardstick that has 'Do you measure up to safety' engraved on it..
(I'll use it for firewood in my hanger after I get laid off... :yes: )

Happy skies !!!

Jeff Oslick said:
It snows in Rome??

Worse than that, the snow is blood red. I assume the show is about a freakish ungodly storm that blows through the Roman Amphitheater, leaving bloodstains on the walls, leading people to later believe that they executed men in there. How else would the blood have gotten in there? Must have been man eating lions and tigers!

heh.

Back