I LOVE flying.

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
I changed my profile picture on facebook to a picture of me again, and my cousin I haven't seen in almost 12 years commented on it saying her son-in-law thinks it's so cool that I'm a pilot. I told her I bet my mom would be interested in going to see her (it's been even longer since my mom has seen her) so I asked my mom, and now we are flying to Goldsboro, North Carolina on the 24th to go see my cousin! (Assuming the airplane is fixed, but if it isn't someones head is going to be on the end of my pointy stick above the fireplace) Spontaneity is fun!

Last edited:
I changed my profile picture on facebook to a picture of me again, and my cousin I haven't seen in almost 12 years commented on it saying her son-in-law thinks it's so cool that I'm a pilot. I told her I bet my mom would be interested in going to see her (it's been even longer since my mom has seen her) so I asked my mom, and now we are flying to Goldsboro, South Carolina on the 24th to go see my cousin! (Assuming the airplane is fixed, but if it isn't someones head is going to be on the end of my pointy stick above the fireplace) Spontaneity is fun!

And you Texans want to be considered "southern", South Carolina or North Carolina?

Have a great trip, David. It is fun to include your family, who has supported you through this.

Woops, it's north carolina! I'll change it!

If you decide to extend the trip fly the coast a little further south, swing by. We have a spare bedroom, a comfy couple of couches and some cool stuff in Savannah and the surrounding area, (That's like what? A half an hour flight in a Mooney?)

If you decide to extend the trip fly the coast a little further south, swing by. We have a spare bedroom, a comfy couple of couches and some cool stuff in Savannah and the surrounding area, (That's like what? A half an hour flight in a Mooney?)

I'd love to, but unfortunately my moms schedule is making this a short trip. I'll take you up on that another time though, for sure! Thanks for the offer!

That's great. It'll be fun. This is WHY we put up with those S turns, stalls, hood work, and steep turns during training. You've paid your dues; now you get to reap the rewards!

sounds fun. I'm looking forward to doing stuff like this after I get my ticket. Have a great time!

Too bad - you're gonna be VERY close to me, but far enough that we can't get together.

Would love to take you out to get the best BBQ in the entire country at KEXX.

That's a bold statement right there.

I've had people tell me they're taking me out to the best bbq in the country and it turns out the secret sauce was pickle juice.. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:lol:

Dave is just on the other side of town from me, I need to make a point to meet more pilots around here!

Too bad - you're gonna be VERY close to me, but far enough that we can't get together.

i'll meet you out there sometime. I have flown in a couple times to take the cop car to lexington bbq (which one do you like the best?)

dave are you flying into GWW?

Last edited:
You're quite lucky David. My mother would never go flying with me even when she was mostly compus mentis.

i'll meet you out there sometime. I have flown in a couple times to take the cop car to lexington bbq (which one do you like the best?)

dave are you flying into GWW?

"Lexington BBQ" is the best BBQ in the entire country. Interestingly, its not Lexington Style BBQ.

Back