I love flying!

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
I'm sitting here behind the computer realizing how great aviation is! I have the best group of friends and family anyone could ask for, and a really neat hobby that we all share. I recently moved my plane to San Marcos with the best FBO around (Redbird Skyport) and am already making friends out there! Tomorrow I'm flying to Temple, Texas for the airshow out there and am going to meet some of the Angel Flight pilots. I just finished getting registered and my badge came in the mail yesterday
581337_3096871621247_1247804014_32240098_73427128_n.jpg

My plane is running like a spotted ape, and I have no complaints. Nothing could make this better! I went out to the skyport yesterday to wash the plane for the airshow tomorrow, and they didn't mind if I had it on the ramp! They pulled it out there and let me wash away for a couple hours, atleast now I won't be embarrassed to have it sit on the ramp with their spotless airplanes

550203_3095481266489_1247804014_32239978_1617316983_n.jpg
(I should have taken a before picture - the top of the wing was tan)

I LOVE FLYING!

Nice!

I love flying too. This past weekend I went to a Cessna 170 type club gathering at Dalton Georgia. I took my dad, also a pilot with me. Before we left another 170 showed and taxied in. It was my fathers' old airplane. It was a nice reunion, very special for the both of us.

I've met some great people as a result of flying here and there. I hope to meet more and share your sentiments. Flying is great! It's very therapeutic for me.

All the best!

White Lightning' may well be my very favorite airplane that does not sy "Beechcraft" on it.

Like Pappy's corn squeezin's, it's mighty mighty pleasin'!

Saw the stall fences, thought of our old 172rg STOL,

I will order aileron gap seals when I get home.

Thanks for costing me money,

DICK!!:rofl:

Love your badge, I'll post mine too when I get the photo one. Going with a new Angel Flight pilot to my second Angel Flight fly-in this June. Still waiting for my first mission (I'll be mission assistant only), problem is the people I want to go with fly mostly weekdays. I'm a weekend only pilot. When is your first mission?

Love your badge, I'll post mine too when I get the photo one. Going with a new Angel Flight pilot to my second Angel Flight fly-in this June. Still waiting for my first mission (I'll be mission assistant only), problem is the people I want to go with fly mostly weekdays. I'm a weekend only pilot. When is your first mission?
Kim, can you be a student pilot and be a mission assistant? Or do you have to have your ticket to be one?

No idea, Kim. I want to ride along on a flight before I actually do one as PIC.

Right, so meeting other pilots will help you become a mission assistant I guess? The AFW (Angel Flight West) - I thought - included parts of Texas but now I see you are "South Central."

Our system does not yet allow mission assistants to find flights easily which is why I'm going to events, to meet pilots the old fashioned way. So far I've given my contact information to three pilots and haven't heard anything.

Kim, can you be a student pilot and be a mission assistant? Or do you have to have your ticket to be one?

Even non-pilots can join and be a mission assistant. Contact your local branch or call headquarters and they can explain everything.

if the usa goes to war, will u pilot a plane to keep back the invading country?, i think not:hairraise:

I LOVE FLYING!

DUDE!!

Looking good!

Washed my bird today also. Had like three bugS on it. Drives me crazy. Trying to find a place to fly to tomorrow but can't find any close by parties yet.

Last edited:
DUDE!!

Looking good!

Washed my bird today also. Had like three bugS on it. Drives me crazy. Trying to find a place to fly to tomorrow but can't find any close by parties yet.

Not close but the party in Cincinnati awaits you:D

DUDE!!

Looking good!

This reminds me I need to buy a six pack of Negro Modelo for the host pilot at the event I'm attending tomorrow, forgot it was Cinco de Mayo.

This reminds me I need to buy a six pack of Negro Modelo for the host pilot at the event I'm attending tomorrow, forgot it was Cinco de Mayo.

Negra Modelo will be much easier to find...:D

It is a very fine beer. Dark and flavorful but light enough to sip many in one setting...

It is a very fine beer. Dark and flavorful but light enough to sip many in one setting...

I found a place locally (Mexican Restaurant) that has it on tap. Bought my BF a margarita and I ordered a Negra Modelo, they had two kinds (a super dark one too). The mug was frosty from the freezer, and there was a lime. The best.

I found a place locally (Mexican Restaurant) that has it on tap. Bought my BF a margarita and I ordered a Negra Modelo, they had two kinds (a super dark one too). The mug was frosty from the freezer, and there was a lime. The best.

Diego's on the 16th Street Mall has it on tap here in Denver. It's much more available now than in 92 when I started looking for it after getting back to the US after working in Mexico. Now if I could only find a place that makes camarones a la plancha con tocino e queso and langustina (o?) line the Yatch Club in Cuidad del Carmen did...

Diego's on the 16th Street Mall has it on tap here in Denver. It's much more available now than in 92 when I started looking for it after getting back to the US after working in Mexico. Now if I could only find a place that makes camarones a la plancha con tocino e queso and langustina (o?) line the Yatch Club in Cuidad del Carmen did...

It goes well with most anything. We just had chips and salsa that night.

It goes well with most anything. We just had chips and salsa that night.

The Yacht Club served outdoors and we could spend a Friday afternoon enjoying the food & drink. Hot and a little humid but in the shade with a bit of a breeze off the water.

I understand the place has become more touristy & commercial now so probably not near as much fun. Oh well, back in the day...

Saw the stall fences, thought of our old 172rg STOL,

I will order aileron gap seals when I get home.

Thanks for costing me money,

DICK!!:rofl:

ROFL!

Them there amazing singing stall fences. They do look good on a Cessna. ;)

DW, you finished a post about ID badges and scrubbing by saying you love flying. Haha. Um...

She looks nice all shined up. I have more waxing and scrubbing to do when ours gets back from BJC.

Agreed. Best Mexican beer that I've found by far. XX ain't bad either.

Dunc, didn't see your post 'till this morning. Yeah, Cincy is a tad far. I might just go canoeing today instead. It's supposed to be 90 here today.

ROFL!

Them there amazing singing stall fences. They do look good on a Cessna. ;)

DW, you finished a post about ID badges and scrubbing by saying you love flying. Haha. Um...

She looks nice all shined up. I have more waxing and scrubbing to do when ours gets back from BJC.

I did like the STOL RG, great flying plane, but now that I've seen the speed kit I put in an inquiry for pricing:lol:

I agree with you David there are some great people in the flying community. If you fly into Gaston's some year it is a good opportunity to meet some of them. I have some people that i call friends that I haven't met as yet. But when you put out a call for help and they show up without question. I call that a friend for sure. I am glad you feel the same way.

David, I had the BEST flying weekend of my entire life. I love flying. And soon, I will be in PHL surrounded by POA and planes. Just yesterday had two POA'ers in my plane, even got a fist bump from one for NAILING my landings. Just a perfect day. Saturday I was IN FORMATIONS the whole day. Imagine that. I will post videos on that one and start another thread. My "next thing" is to hopefully start a partnership with a pilot at my school and split PIC / XC time in the 150. I even took lessons the past two weekends and realize how much I like instruction (with the right CFI). Learned a ton. Oh and I might do flour bombing, Young Eagles, and other cool stuff this year too.

Back