I like this guys Attitude

Am I missing something? It sounds like he is at worst greedy, or at best needs to just move on. That money isn't going to bring his son back. Sharing the settlement in quarters just makes him sound like a dick.

Am I missing something? It sounds like he is at worst greedy, or at best needs to just move on. That money isn't going to bring his son back. Sharing the settlement in quarters just makes him sound like a dick.

+1

Sounds like it wasn't his money?

Frankly just another useless subject that has no business in a pilot's forum. Try Facebook or some forum where people give a crap. :dunno:

I shouldn't say anything.... many bored and lonely souls here troll for company and somewhere people will listen till them. Fortunately I have a other outlets in the real world for that and just check in to see if anything of aviation interest is being discussed... Getting more rare by the day...:yes:

Last edited:
Sounded to me like he's a seventy-plus year old with enough money to mess with anyone he feels like. Kinda cool, kinda sad.

Frankly just another useless subject that has no business in a pilot's forum. Try Facebook or some forum where people give a crap. :dunno:

I shouldn't say anything.... many bored and lonely souls here troll for company and somewhere people will listen till them. Fortunately I have a other outlets in the real world for that and just check in to see if anything of aviation interest is being discussed... Getting more rare by the day...:yes:
Called Hangar Talk for a reason. Only so many aviation topics to talk about eventually you get around to goofy topics and weird news. Sort of like topics that happen at 1am at a Poker Game.

Goofy I don't sit on this forum and troll and this is not trolling u jack as$ on this forum other subjects come up other than aviation if you haven't noticed.. And you have a whole long winded story about lonely people on forums. You sound like a psycho forum nazi " no words other than aviation here" get a life loser

Is there a way to block "Hangar Talk" when searching for new posts?

Goofy I don't sit on this forum and troll and this is not trolling u jack as$ on this forum other subjects come up other than aviation if you haven't noticed.. And you have a whole long winded story about lonely people on forums. You sound like a psycho forum nazi " no words other than aviation here" get a life loser

Be sure to mark "yes" in block 18(m) of FAA form 8500-8 on your next medical.

Frankly just another useless subject that has no business in a pilot's forum. Try Facebook or some forum where people give a crap.

I agree the guy quoted in the original post sounds like a dick, and I don't have any particular interest in the subject either, but who gets to judge whether a subject is useless or not?

Frankly, over half of the subjects in Hangar Talk are useless to me, but obviously not useless to others. My solution? Don't waste my own time on them. It really doesn't put me out that they are there, it just doesn't.

If PoA were limited to only aviation topics we'd only have two posts a day. ;)

So all agreed goofy is a douche.. Okay done
No Marco. We may be coming to the realization that you are a douche. You let SGOTI get under your skin. Whoop-de-do. Not worth two points on the blood pressure meter, so calm down.

-Skip

Is there a way to block "Hangar Talk" when searching for new posts?

Assuming you use the "New Posts" link...

Code:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=2

To exclude more forums, just add comma-separated forum ID's.

Here is mine:

Code:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=18,16,20,21,35,36,37,38,39,40,44,45,46,11,34,13,17,28,41,52,48,49,50,51

Note that it does not exclude "Hangar Talk"...yet. ;)

No Marco. We may be coming to the realization that you are a douche. You let SGOTI get under your skin. Whoop-de-do. Not worth two points on the blood pressure meter, so calm down.

-Skip

So now your in the same boat as goofball. Name is marcos btw and how would that make me a douche if I let someone have it? I don't know who died and made you boss.

This thread reeks of feminine hygiene products.

So all agreed goofy is a douche.. Okay done

-Skip

So now your in the same boat as goofball. Name is marcos btw and how would that make me a douche if I let someone have it? I don't know who died and made you boss.

Sorry about missing your name. marcoseddi can be split several ways to result in a name, nothing bad intended.

But your attempt to assume that we all agree with you in this petty disagreement is bizarre. Most of us just don't care about this. Goofy and I (from your perspective) are just SGOTI. Turning the tables, you are just SGOTI to me. Ditto Goofy.

If you want to make a big deal out of this and "let someone have it", go to the Spin Zone and have fun. But remember that even in the Spin Zone, the rules of this board prohibit personal attacks. So I apologize for my post quoted above - better I had said that "we are coming to the realization that you don't intend to abide by the forum rules". And I will leave it at that.

-Skip

Last edited:
I actually had to Google SGOTI. I know, it's sad.

Didn't the guy get $1.6 mil for his dead kid PLUS $500K of $800K for all occupants to share? Sounds like the money ($500K) wasn't his to get and he had to pay it back keeping the $1.6 mil.

Yeah, I'd say paying the money in quarters was petty and I don't like his attitude towards the other victims of the crash.

Plus, I'd guess his antics cost a hefty chunk of that money in legal fees the other families had to pay to get what was theirs. Plus, he must have spent extra money to pay for all the flatbeds and armored cars and guards / labor to transport the quarters just so he could get the satisfaction of stamping his feet.

If there's any 'douches' here I'd say it's the subject of the article the OP posted.

Didn't the guy get $1.6 mil for his dead kid PLUS $500K of $800K for all occupants to share? Sounds like the money ($500K) wasn't his to get and he had to pay it back keeping the $1.6 mil.

Yeah, I'd say paying the money in quarters was petty and I don't like his attitude towards the other victims of the crash.

Plus, I'd guess his antics cost a hefty chunk of that money in legal fees the other families had to pay to get what was theirs. Plus, he must have spent extra money to pay for all the flatbeds and armored cars and guards / labor to transport the quarters just so he could get the satisfaction of stamping his feet.

If there's any 'douches' here I'd say it's the subject of the article the OP posted.

So basically, he has the "douche pole" so to speak then!

Back