AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
sigWx24.gif

I don't like it. Snowing overnight at my place. :(

IMG_0541.PNG

Ah, I see winter has fallen in your neck of the woods. Meanwhile, we’re stuck in summer here. Mid 90’s during the afternoon! I suppose Autumn doesn’t exist any longer. ;)
A local tv channel calls it "Second Summer." Not Autumn or Fall.

Ah, I see winter has fallen in your neck of the woods. Meanwhile, we’re stuck in summer here. Mid 90’s during the afternoon! I suppose Autumn doesn’t exist any longer. ;)

haven’t flown for a few week because it’s just too damned hot and have been busy mornings and evenings :-(

We've had zed rain north of Cincinnati in September—and today it will hit 90°. My creek is now a string of little pools of water jammed with fish. Somebody send rain.

September has been very hot with very little rain.

3F36DC74-51E0-4BCA-ABA7-B00059A69603.png

Canada's three prairie provinces by suppertime today:

Latest-gfacn32_cldwx_012.png

As much as a metre of snow expected on the western end of that patch (three feet). For us in southern SK, as much as 25 cm (10 inches). Very early, very much. Farmers are frustrated, as the harvest is nowhere near even halfway done.

Blizzard conditions forecast for tomorrow morning. Big winds.

We've had zed rain north of Cincinnati in September—and today it will hit 90°. My creek is now a string of little pools of water jammed with fish. Somebody send rain.

Must be very close to Cinci because it's going to be one of if not the wettest summer on record in parts of the great lakes.

I haven't seen one of those old-fangled charts in years!

Enjoy the cold!
I must be old fashion, cuz I use them all the time....:rolleyes:

haven’t flown for a few week because it’s just too damned hot and have been busy mornings and evenings :-(
Sorry to hear that. 25 years ago when I lived in NV, I remember frustration like that..:(

Canada's three prairie provinces by suppertime today:

Latest-gfacn32_cldwx_012.png

As much as a metre of snow expected on the western end of that patch (three feet). For us in southern SK, as much as 25 cm (10 inches). Very early, very much. Farmers are frustrated, as the harvest is nowhere near even halfway done.

Blizzard conditions forecast for tomorrow morning. Big winds.
I can imagine the frustration of the farmers. I can remember how it affected a cousin who had a cattle farm in Ohio. Praying for things to dry out enough to harvest hay for the winter feed for the cattle.

Must be very close to Cinci because it's going to be one of if not the wettest summer on record in parts of the great lakes.
We have had the driest summer that I can remember here in Juneau. It's been nice but defiantly not the normal weather pattern. I've flown more this summer than the past 3 summers put together.
Juneau
PAJN 281121Z 2812/2912 VRB04KT P6SM FEW001
FM281900 24007KT P6SM SKC=

METAR PAJN 281353Z 00000KT 10SM FEW001 01/00 A3040 RMK
AO2 SLP293 T00060000=

Back