I know what today's date is

....magic...

Oh, thank the Lord, everything is back to normal! I can now identify the proper poster by their avatar. It was actually an interesting experiment because I too had no idea how much I relied on the avatar to identify who was posting.

Oh, thank the Lord, everything is back to normal! I can now identify the proper poster by their avatar. It was actually an interesting experiment because I too had no idea how much I relied on the avatar to identify who was posting.

I was gonna say...that whole thing would have been a great psychological experiment on how we take our best visual cues from photos over text. I know that it pretty much messed with my head.

Not only do I use the clues from the avatars (which is why I hate it when someone changes theirs!), but I also use the positions of the smilies in the lookup table, which is why it peeves me so much that they seem to change position sometimes!

Since I disabled "showing avatars" in my profile (so I can more safely browse POA at work!), I've become less dependent on the avatars to identify the posters... but I admit I was was, before.

Since I disabled "showing avatars" in my profile (so I can more safely browse POA at work!), I've become less dependent on the avatars to identify the posters... but I admit I was was, before.
Safely browse? All the avatars are SFW (with the possible mild exception of Nick's!)

Safely browse? All the avatars are SFW (with the possible mild exception of Nick's!)

No pictures showing means less likely to be spotted as a forum or blog site to the casual walker-by.

No pictures showing means less likely to be spotted as a forum or blog site to the casual walker-by.

Oh, that's a good idea. I'll have to go look in my settings to do that :D

Not only do I use the clues from the avatars (which is why I hate it when someone changes theirs!), but I also use the positions of the smilies in the lookup table, which is why it peeves me so much that they seem to change position sometimes!

What did I miss?! I guess I need to not go on vacation :rolleyes:

Cheers,

-Andrew

Back