I know they hate KSMO but this is getting ridiculous!

Thank Snapchat.

Do some digging and find out why, and how, Snapchat was involved in leasing the hangars and lobbying foe the airport’s demise - they like the “awesome hangar workspace!”

Determine what the relationship was between Snapchat and the lobbyists who últimately pushed to shut down the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would seem that their ATC has really gone to $h!+.

Funny.

I still want to know how they intend to decontaminate the land after 100 years of lead contamination. The whole place probably should be condemned, it will never really be fit for real estate or even a park.

Funny.

I still want to know how they intend to decontaminate the land after 100 years of lead contamination. The whole place probably should be condemned, it will never really be fit for real estate or even a park.
Oh, it’s nothing a few billion dollars of Federal tax money (doled out to the properly “connected” contractors, naturally) can’t fix.

Funny.

It’s a park today! Why not a bigger park? (Hmm not likely).

Next to the south east tiedowns, you’ll find a very cutesy soccer field, and a dog park for all those great chihuahuas and dorky yorkies that the local residents prefer. More green space for the residents would no doubt be welcome. Besides, after whetting the appetite of the city management such as they were conditioned to by the multimillion dollar Snapchat agreement they enjoyed, no doubt all those “cool, dilapidated hangars” could continue to help expand their “industrial park”...someone looked heroic once bringing the Snapchat contract in- why not repeat it? Who needs an airport anyway?

After all, Spiegel’s attitude has always been that he only needs enough space to land a helicopter (he’s a helo pilot). Airplanes be damned.

Here - read the words from the very wonderful chap that caused Santa Monica airport’s demise, and love him for the humble, selfless person that he is...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...e-snapchat-ceo-evan-spiegel-a7831826.html?amp

The city could implode, for all I care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Funny.

Here they just keep everything there and make it a “park”. Rent out the spaces for offices and “art projects”... people bike and rollerskate on the runway... some nice event space...

Example is Berlin Templehof: https://goo.gl/maps/CP16sVHDdmQcnTVK7
They have a small refugee camp on there as well.

Back