I knew Russia was evil, but this is just uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits

It appears the Russians are going to use AN-2's as bait to use up/ expose Ukrainian SAM's.

Trying to win a war of SAM attrition will never work. Ukraine has far more and far cheaper systems than a million dollar a shot S-300.

Trying to win a war of SAM attrition will never work. Ukraine has far more and far cheaper systems than a million dollar a shot S-300.

Ukraine will also be able to replace the systems / munitions quickly. Probably with a better system than they lost. So yeah, not Russia's best idea.
-------
I understand the sunk-cost factor ("We've already spent x amount of men / money / etc, might as well keep going") and I understand the concept of not wanting to look bad as a country, but at this point, I fail to see Russia's point in continuing the war.

Considering how they are presented their military strength to the world, how they are presented their military ability to world, how they are bleeding their military, Russia just took itself from the "Big bad scary BEAR!!!!" to now, more of the "lol, stupid bear!" category.

The (at least perceived) mighty have indeed fallen.

Ukraine will also be able to replace the systems / munitions quickly. Probably with a better system than they lost. So yeah, not Russia's best idea.
-------
I understand the sunk-cost factor ("We've already spent x amount of men / money / etc, might as well keep going") and I understand the concept of not wanting to look bad as a country, but at this point, I fail to see Russia's point in continuing the war.

Considering how they are presented their military strength to the world, how they are presented their military ability to world, how they are bleeding their military, Russia just took itself from the "Big bad scary BEAR!!!!" to now, more of the "lol, stupid bear!" category.

But what worries me is the analogy that’s been given that we’re cornering a rat (Putin). I still say we need to allow him a way out in all this mess. He’s getting frustrated and if we keep poking the bear…

-------

The military industrial complex had a lot to say about how bad and scary Russians military is.....how could we justify spending trillions without a real scary enemy?

The military industrial complex had a lot to say about how bad and scary Russians military is.....how could we justify spending trillions without a real scary enemy?
That was my thought when I saw this video. A bunch of classic aircraft bring destroyed to use up a bunch of old sam's.... So we can buy new ones. I bet Lockmart is thrilled. They're probably supplying the hardware for the an2s too.

The Ukrainians could just put up Skyhawks and flip the AN2's like Spitfire pilots did with buzz bombs. I'll be bargain basement Russian autopilots can't deal with an upset. Or better yet, get pilot into the airplane in midair (it's been done) and take over the airplane. They'll get a bunch of explosives and a cool old airplane!

that's one way to get the insurance money from planes that aren't selling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back