I just thougth this was too cool.

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
So it's been a while since I was PIC. The club rules state you have to fly once every 60 days or fly with an instructor. Well, I was over 60. So I go out with an instructor to knock off the rust. The CFI I went out with wanted to do a little more then the guy who usually signs me off and after 6Y9, I wanted a little grass. So we head out over to Jeresy Shore airport (in central PA) do a little slow flight, a power off stall, a power on stall, a steep turn two landings at Jersey Shore and back over to Willamsport. (I'm not going into the details about how much rust needed knocking off on those manuvers)

Back at Willamsport I found out the coolest part. I was Ted's first offical dual instruction, just a bit more then two years after I took him flying and he thought maybe he could do this pilot thing afterall. :yes:

Too Cool.

Missa

Now for the obvious question.... did Ted sign you off??? :D

And now I have put my CFI to use and signed Missa's logbook. :)

Very cool indeed. The circle is now complete. I'll leave the master part for others to decide. ;)

It's also worth noting that since all my instruction fees go to my non-profit, Missa now owes my non-profit a donation. ;)

So, let me get this straight...

Missa was your first?

Now for the obvious question.... did Ted sign you off??? :D

Seeing that I was technically current by FAA's standards I really didn't need a sign-off per say... If I had taken Steingar up on his offer to take a leg of the 6Y9 trip I would have had no issues with the club. Or i could have rented or borrowed another plane and been ok by club rules to fly a club plane... but I figured it was good to get a little rust knocked off.

Ted did sign my logbook for 1 hr of dual. ; )

Last edited:
Back