I just saw my shadow...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
...and the sun's not even up yet. How weird is that? I think I'll go back to bed now.

It's -5 deg F outside. :eek: I think I'll stay in bed, shadow or not.

Yeah, I don't get how whether or not the sun is shining at a particular moment is supposed to predict weather. I would actually think that if it was clear, that would indicate better weather for the future, while if it were cold and nasty with rain (or snow), we'd be expecting bad weather.

But I suppose that's what you get when you use a rodent to predict weather.

Yeah, I don't get how whether or not the sun is shining at a particular moment is supposed to predict weather. I would actually think that if it was clear, that would indicate better weather for the future, while if it were cold and nasty with rain (or snow), we'd be expecting bad weather.

But I suppose that's what you get when you use a rodent to predict weather.

Wait, are you calling Tim a 'rodent'??

Just like Gaston's. "Tim? Tim Winters, I thought that was you! Now don't you tell me you don't remember me because I sure as heck fire remember you."

Face it, you guys have two more months of winter at least. Hold on while I turn up my air conditioning.

Face it, you guys have two more months of winter at least. Hold on while I turn up my air conditioning.

This is definitely one of those "to each his own" topics. I spent a few years in FL in the very early 2000's. The company I worked for was expanding into that state and we either built or renovated a facility in almost every metroplitan area there. I was barely 40 and a lot more hyper and impatient than I am today even. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Between the heat and, more importantly, all the old people who got in my way almost every minute of every day...it just wasn't for me. I'll take a couple of months of winter to not have to deal with it. I have nothing against old folks, but like them in far smaller doses!

94756C1B-9CA6-487A-89AC-7FCA647CB44E.jpeg

7B806EB7-E6A3-4C76-9043-9BBC90019F90.jpeg

E9C142A8-BCA7-4C1A-8F4B-1D4B3690FA56.jpeg

5F5E0BD7-940E-45D8-8E6B-BBAB052A8C53.jpeg

02789423-0BA3-4888-900E-4982192B3456.jpeg

Florida = Heaven's Waiting Room

This is definitely one of those "to each his own" topics. I spent a few years in FL in the very early 2000's. The company I worked for was expanding into that state and we either built or renovated a facility in almost every metroplitan area there. I was barely 40 and a lot more hyper and impatient than I am today even. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Between the heat and, more importantly, all the old people who got in my way almost every minute of every day...it just wasn't for me. I'll take a couple of months of winter to not have to deal with it. I have nothing against old folks, but like them in far smaller doses!
Tim, you would just LOVE Vermont in that case (NOT!)

Here it's not just the old folks. Longtime VT residents typically drive 10-15 mph under the speed limit "just in case", even in dry sunny weather, and the speed limit isn't posted over 50 in any but a few places and the interstates. When it's wet, even if it's well above freezing, expect significant delays on any 2-lane highway as people push that safety buffer to 25-30 mph under. They also pay little attention to signs reserving the right lane for right turns and other lane signs; I've lost count of the times I've been cut off by people using lanes improperly.

On the plus side, at least they DO slow down when it's icy. In Michigan I was nearly killed a few times by crazy drivers trying to go the speed limit in snowstorms.

Yep, lots of old jetkoffs in winter. Most are from Michigan and Quebec. Going to Costco today and dread it. The wives shop while their husbands wander around in a senile haze. Then they clog up the aisles fighting for free samples. I think many of them go to Costco to eat lunch at the free sample carts.
Fortunately I live out in the woods and only have to deal with them on my weekly shopping excursion.

Back