I ****ing Hate United

I'd sure take a class date there though...

Ive never been on United.

I've never heard a good thing about them, either.

Ive never been on United.

I've never heard a good thing about them, either.

I have never flown on United either.. But ...

I have had rental property for 20+ years... All the other tenants were polite and respected my property.... Last gal who was there for 9 years moved out because her horse needed medical help down in Boulder Co.

The ramp rats at the FBO told me about the station manager for United here in Jackson was needing housing... Before I could call him.. he called me... He sounded decent and after all, he oversees 40-50 people and is in his 50's.... Responsible, right...:dunno:.......:confused:...:rolleyes:...

He says he has ONE well trained dog and I say OK... You can move in...

He shows up with TWO dogs from HELL....... They destroyed everything in sight....

Less the 6 weeks later I booted his ass OUT... I wish I could figure out how/ who to contact at United and tell them their manager is ONE *ucked up, lying ****ole... :mad::mad::mad:...:mad2:...

Rant off...

Last edited:
^^^ sounds like some American Eagle flight attendants.

I have met a retired female pilot from UA.

She seemed nice. She was nice to me, at least.

I fly American, so they suck as well.

Prefer jet blue,can't stand American,or us air. Haven't flown on United in twenty years.

Virgin or Alaska, or just drive.

Does anyone besides me find it ironic that private pilots are bashing commercial carriers? :dunno:

Shouldn't we be flying instead of bitching? :dunno:

for me it's Delta. I freakin h a t e delta. delta can suck it. every dang delta flight I've been on has sucked it big time. my parents constantly offer to buy my tickets to FLA with their delta skymiles and I politely turn that cr@p down. for me, usairways has always done fine, but I know someone will chime in with how much they hate them. by the way.....Delta---> SUCK IT.

I have flown UAL once, they did a good job for me - got me home when AA had canceled.

AA has stuck it to me a bunch of times (the carrier, not the crews, who have been typically just fine).

I still prefer Southwest if I must fly ATOD.

Does anyone besides me find it ironic that private pilots are bashing commercial carriers? :dunno:

Shouldn't we be flying instead of bitching? :dunno:

If i never set foot on an airliner again in my life, I'll die happy. I'd like to travel around the world but there's no ****ing way I'm voluntarily subjecting myself to the airlines bull****, to the TSA's bull**** or to the general public's bull****. I'm sure not using United. In this case, I didn't have a choice.

First time flying commercial in two years and they **** it all up and lie through their teeth. They must hire the dumbest ****ers they can find with the worst English speaking skills to play dumb and read boilerplate text. Spoke with 5 people, not one could speak understandable English or answer a simple, direct question.

If i never set foot on an airliner again in my life, I'll die happy. I'd like to travel around the world but there's no ****ing way I'm voluntarily subjecting myself to the airlines bull****, to the TSA's bull**** or to the general public's bull****. I'm sure not using United. In this case, I didn't have a choice.

First time flying commercial in two years and they **** it all up and lie through their teeth. They must hire the dumbest ****ers they can find with the worst English speaking skills to play dumb and read boilerplate text. Spoke with 5 people, not one could speak understandable English or answer a simple, direct question.

I think my observation about pilots bitching about flying commercial was unappreciated. :rolleyes: :rolleyes2:

I tried them all (except JetBlue and Virgin) and United is the best of the majors. Frankly I would rather fly UAL than SWA. I think my biggest peeve with United is that they let Asiana into their "Star Alliance".

I tried them all (except JetBlue and Virgin) and United is the best of the majors. Frankly I would rather fly UAL than SWA. I think my biggest peeve with United is that they let Asiana into their "Star Alliance".

Um... NO!

If you can't get Virgin, they're all about the same in the US (except Spirit, which I won't go on for safety reasons).

Now if you fly overseas / foreign domestic at all, they still have old-style economy where the seat and crew aren't s@!& and you get food and not too much hassle at security.

A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. UAL is reigning champ for worst service in just about every category and survey taken for the past 3 years. If my livelihood didn't depend on this trip, I wouldn't be going.

I've, knock on wood, never really had a bad airline experience. I travel at least twice a year, with one of the trips being international.

I don't take anything personally and I always treat the gate agents nicely. Most of the time it's out of the airlines hands.

Um... NO!

If you can't get Virgin, they're all about the same in the US (except Spirit, which I won't go on for safety reasons).

Now if you fly overseas / foreign domestic at all, they still have old-style economy where the seat and crew aren't s@!& and you get food and not too much hassle at security.

I see you haven't flown in Africa

Agreed; United sucketh much. After my experience with them last month, they are on my "no fly" list.

Um... NO!

If you're concerned about safety, don't even think about SWA.

Come on, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think about United!

Around here (CLE) we still get mostly ex-Continental crews that are pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prefer jet blue,can't stand American,or us air. Haven't flown on United in twenty years.

Well, Wall St. just got the CEO of JetBlue fired because they thought he was leaving money on the table by not charging for the first bag and not stuffing enough seats in the planes.

Quite right; the carrier's safety culture, extremely demanding standards for pilot candidates and industry-leading maintenance standards have yielded a record of passenger safety unmatched by any carrier, ever. And, since they operate more flights daily than any other airline in the world, the record cannot be an accident.

UAL is reigning champ for worst service in just about every category and survey taken for the past 3 years.
Am I supposed to trust some rigged surveys or my own experience?

I fly largely Delta or Southwest. I've only had one problem occur. It was quickly fixed and I ended up flying US Air for one leg and then got back on Delta. Delta recently changed my layovers for my flight home for Christmas and I used that to leverage them into upgrading my seat to "Economy Comfort" so now Im in the second row instead of ~30th.

I enjoy flying commercially. Its not the same kind of fun as flying myself but its enjoyable. People watching, cloud watching, the adventure, etc

I fly commercial a lot. I am a FF on both SWA and UA. A lot of people fly commercial every day and most flights for most people are uneventful. Sure you might sit next to a chatty Kathy or someone with questionable grooming habits, but you tend to arrive at your destination in one piece on the schedule day of arrival with your luggage.

That said, I prefer SWA, because I have experienced less delayed flights and my status assures I will never have a middle seat (A listers get the early numbers after business class in the lineup). You can always pay the $10 fee and get the automatic checkin, if you don't have that. I have booked UA as much as two weeks in advance and still ended up in a middle seat. My last flight on UA had a three hour delay and I missed my connection. They got me on another flight, but I didn't get to my hotel until 2:00 am and my luggage was a full day behind me. I still got there though and I will get reimbursed for my midnight Walmart shopping trip. In the last three or four years of flying three or four times a month (sometimes more) I have only missed two or three connections and had my luggage delayed twice (not lost). I have my gripes, but most of my travel is coast to coast and there isn't a better way to get it done (since I can't afford a private jet).

Quite right; the carrier's safety culture, extremely demanding standards for pilot candidates and industry-leading maintenance standards have yielded a record of passenger safety unmatched by any carrier, ever. And, since they operate more flights daily than any other airline in the world, the record cannot be an accident.

"Operate MORE flights daily than ANY OTHER airline in the world" WTF ?????
The Texas bubba connection operates MORE flights daily than any other airline ??!? Are you in some kind of legal marihuana state ? WTF ???? Southwest is just BARELY a REAL airline. If you like to travel with trailer park people then by all means knock yourself out.

The Texas bubba connection operates MORE flights daily than any other airline ??!? Are you in some kind of legal marihuana state ? WTF ???? Southwest is just BARELY a REAL airline. If you like to travel with trailer park people then by all means knock yourself out.

Really? Or are you just making noise again?

He's not that far off, and they're well in front of nearly all of those "real" airlines you speak of. :rolleyes:

http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/wats-passenger-carried.aspx
Scheduled Passengers Carried

International

Rank Airline Thousands
1 Ryanair 81,395
2 easyJet 52,787
3 Lufthansa 50,739
4 Emirates 43,335
5 British Airways 33,803
6 Air France 33,118
7 Turkish Airlines 27,407
8 KLM 26,581
9 United Airlines 25,002
10 Delta Air Lines 23,086

Domestic

Rank Airline
Thousands

1 Southwest Airlines 115,323
2 Delta Air Lines 97,550
3 China Southern Airlines 84,164
4 United Airlines 65,159
5 American Airlines 65,104
6 China Eastern Airlines 52,536
7 US Airways 50,157
8 Air China 44,945
9 All Nippon Airways 38,921
10 Qantas Airways 35,085

Total (International + Domestic)

Rank Airline
Thousands

1 Delta Air Lines 120,636
2 Southwest Airlines 115,323
3 China Southern Airlines 91,504
4 United Airlines 90,161
5 American Airlines 86,823
6 Ryanair 81,395
7 Lufthansa 63,273
8 China Eastern Airlines 62,653
9 easyJet 58,410
10 US Airways 56,708

I officially stopped flying United after my last straw this year where they canceled my flight due to maintenance and then refused to book me a hotel because they had no more discounted rooms available.

When I asked them to book a full rate, they said no. Then they gave me a tiny blanket and set me to find a quiet spot at SFO to sleep for the night.

The next morning, I found out that they had flights booked in the AM with open seats that they decided not to put me on, so I spent the morning and early afternoon waiting for a flight instead.

**** United. They all suck, but United goes just a step further.

I choose Southwest over United and I have no issue with the other passengers. Oh, and I live in a legal marijuana state. So what?

It is a fascinating study, the pathological hate of an entity by a person.

The irony in what is written above is that, of all the airlines, Southwest has perhaps the most business-friendly policies (especially relating to change policies), and the carrier built its success on business travelers. They pay better than any other carrier, their finances are a study in responsible management, and they've managed to do all thus without sticking a raft of creditors with a haircut in bankruptcy court. For a while after 9/11, SWA's market cap was greater than the entire rest of the airline industry- combined.

I can't fly 'em to Australia or Europe (yet), and I still prefer flying myself, but of I must fly commercial, I prefer to go with the guys most likely to get me there on time, when I want, and that always seems to be Southwest.

In any discussion about airlines, there is always knee jerk hate about SWA, just like there is knee jerk hate regarding California, when discussions center around where to live.

Both have some basis in fact, but not much. Most of it is emotions and defense of ones own prejudices.

There are a lot of ways to measure airline size: number of flights, number of passengers, number of cities, number of employees, number of airplanes, number of dollars. Revenue passenger miles, available passenger miles, available seat miles.

Any way you count it, Southwest is one of the biggest, perhaps the biggest, airline in the US. Their stellar safety record is public information. Their record of excellent employee relations is textbook material at MBA schools. They show a profit when all other airline are losing their a$$.

And they have one of the best customer satisfaction records in the world, mostly by being expert at managing expectations, not over-promising, and delivering what they promise.

My last WN flight was largely populated by business travelers like myself.

And, I'm retired AA and could have flown free on them.

Last edited:

Seriously? Last week I flew WN to LAS. We were next in line for the runway at PHX when we turned right instead of left and headed back to the gate to double check some light. I won't complain about that. Safety first. I like seeing the SWA mx trucks drive around the airport.. cause that means they actually do MX. SWA is my favorite airline to fly, followed by Delta. I am flying United in a few days because their schedule was a better fit than Delta (RAP->PHX). When not flying SW I try to book first class.. it makes it slightly less painful to travel commercially.

The one airline I absolutely will not fly is Allegiant. I used to fly them because they went IWA->RAP but my life isn't worth saving $50. They are one fatal accident away from becoming ValuJet. I'm having my 80yr old grandma connect in SLC to come visit me rather than putting her on Allegiant. No way.

Back