I hope you all had fun!

Jason Oliver

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
baaaark
Okay, so I don't fly (yet), but I am one of the front desk clerks at Gastons (the young guy with the crazy hair...lol). I think you guys are really cool, so when I asked how you all knew each other I was given this website.

Anyway, it sounds like you did, but I hope you guys had tons of fun, and I already can't wait for you to be back next year!

Hi, Jason. Welcome! Are you the one who's grandfather was a pilot?

Hi, Jason. Welcome! Are you the one who's grandfather was a pilot?

No. No genetics or pedigree here. The owner of the resort used to do some aerobatics in his younger days (flew a Pitts, don't ask me the model cause I don't know), maybe that was his grandson (he works in the office on Sundays).

I'm just a simple guy really interested with getting some wings. Like I say in my signature, after staring at an airstrip for forty hours a week, seeing all those planes coming in and out, after a while you just wanna fly :)

Tell Rich thanks for his personal attention. The staff was great in supporting the "event" imho. By all indications this will be repeated in '09. Maybe I can get you up in the IAR then.

So I guess you're not the Jason Oliver from the Daily Show?? :) I wasn't there this year, though I hope to be next year, but just wanted to say - Welcome to POA!

EDIT: I just realized...I think it's John Oliver (maybe?) and I'm an idiot. Never mind.

Jason, you and all of your co-workers did a fine job of hosting us, and I particularly appreciate your taking the time to come to the flight line and tell us you enjoyed the event being there. Personal attention like that means a lot!

We'll see you next year!

So I guess you're not the Jason Oliver from the Daily Show?? :) I wasn't there this year, though I hope to be next year, but just wanted to say - Welcome to POA!

EDIT: I just realized...I think it's John Oliver (maybe?) and I'm an idiot. Never mind.

Yeah, he's funny. But no relation. Besides, he's a little more... English... than I am :)

And Spike, I meant everything I said. I was looking forward to last weekend probably as long as you guys were :) Most other groups who come in are not near as, shall we say, visible, as you guys are. I don't know if that makes any sense, though.

Jason,

I think I met you. Was it you who let me do a cash advance on my room? (Thanks for that, btw., I invested that money in our poker run and won). We'll make sure you get a plane ride next year.....

-Felix

Jason,

I think I met you. Was it you who let me do a cash advance on my room? (Thanks for that, btw., I invested that money in our poker run and won). We'll make sure you get a plane ride next year.....

-Felix

Yeah, that's me. Its kind of cool that I already have a face to some of your names, some people have 1000+ posts on here and haven't been afforded that luxury.

yea jason, you guys are the best. tell your coworkers too. ive never had a problem with any of the employees there.

well i guess there was that one time saturday night when i went to the bar and the bartender was gone :)

yea jason, you guys are the best. tell your coworkers too. ive never had a problem with any of the employees there.

well i guess there was that one time saturday night when i went to the bar and the bartender was gone :)

Yeah. I go down there for free soda, and sometimes I have to wait a while. I don't know where he goes, either :) There's a lot of stuff that happens down in that restaurant that doesn't make sense to me (I'm not a restaurant kind of guy, lol).

And I'm gonna rub something in on you guys. You all may be able to fly, and most of you own airplanes, but I get to eat Gaston's food 200 days a YEAR! :) I recommend the broiled chicken sandwich.

Oh yeah, before I forget, tell Kricket that she'll have to fly with one of us next year, no excuses like being tired after a long shift and such :D

-Felix

Felix,

not with just any one of us. she needs to fly with YOU

Felix,

not with just any one of us. she needs to fly with YOU

Am I sensing a little bit of Gaston's romance?

Its cause of guys like you Felix, that I don't get dates. With the German accent, its totally unfair! :) LOL JK

We will never find a place that leaves the keys in a VAN (several actually) and allows us to use at will to go...just about anywhere.

Plus bring ice to the flight line, accomodate 40 people for dinner, not just let, but encourage a lady with a heat distressed dog bring it into the a/c'd building, let us fly airplanes on their grass strip (can you imagine how some see that?), completely and instantly forgive us for almost burning hayfields up, being patient and polite the entire time we are there making a racket with our machines from sunup to sunset! Gastons is the best! Thanks to you, your co-workers and management, Jason. Make sure I give you and anyone else who is part of Gaston's and wants one, a ride next year.

Plus bring ice to the flight line, accomodate 40 people for dinner, not just let, but encourage a lady with a heat distressed dog bring it into the a/c'd building, let us fly airplanes on their grass strip (can you imagine how some see that?), completely and instantly forgive us for almost burning hayfields up, being patient and polite the entire time we are there making a racket with our machines from sunup to sunset! Gastons is the best! Thanks to you, your co-workers and management, Jason. Make sure I give you and anyone else who is part of Gaston's and wants one, a ride next year.

amen dave.

what tony said
About the Bartender? At one point, I had my laptop, my 396, and my cell phone all plugged in behind the bar so that I could take off with full batteries. Only at Gaston's. Dave said it all....

Back