I have Restless leg and now I have a scary choice

dawnrussell

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
newpilot-girl
I took a "discovery flight" on my 41st Birthday and from that day forward, I will be broke! I worked out in Seattle for Boeing in the late 90's. I left a pretty good design job in automotive and thought I'd give planes a try. I was 28 at the time and loved every minute of it. Long story short I had a chance to practically get my licence for free and skipped it (found my ex-husband). Anyway 41st b-day comes, I fall in love with it and I signed up for classes and started a Sporty's account (shshshsshseee). I went ahead and scheduled my medical. Took that medical and a long two months later I FINALLY get that envelope. I opened it and almost started to cry. I've had RLS for many years, all the woman in the family do. I've been on Requip for about 7 years and that medicine gave me my life back. The FAA wont accept requip. As as I have read, many of you have tried to plead your case. There are no medications listed for the treatment of RLS that are on the list that I found on the AOPA website. I suffer no symptoms from the medication. The symptoms of not taking it are horrible, the lack of sleep. I was told by two different Doc's to give Sinemet a try.
I'm scarred. I do fantastic on the requip medication and after reading the side effects on the sinemet I'm not sure it will work for me.
I will give it a try but I'm worried what the transition will do to me.

Restless leg syndrome, for people that don't know is an insane urge to keep your legs moving at night. This is triggered by being tired. It is not a problem during the day and does not affect coordinated flight like some unknowing people might joke. I do have a couple of emails I can offer if anybody is interested. One is from AOPA from their assistance help line and the other is from an outside FAA approved doctor. Please contact me if you'd like to read them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back