I have broken the barrier....

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
Mach .27 straight and level in a piper arrow.

What does this mean? Eh, not much except that eman1200 is enjoying a Guinness on an empty north myrtle beach and lovin freakin life.

Hope y'all are too!

What does this mean? Eh, not much except that eman1200 is enjoying a Guinness on an empty north myrtle beach and lovin freakin life.

Hope y'all are too!

Have a great time! :)

Congratulations! I've done that in my Mooney. Great feeling!

Yeah it's nice seeing steady 183kt ground speeds! Great tailwinds today but a little bumpy down low and wasn't the best xwind landing. Oh well, time for beer!

eman1200 back in Charlotte. Carry on.

72de8984674963d21c98213193882a9c.jpg

Technically you weren't doing mach .27 as mach is based on airspeed, not ground speed.

Bubble: popped.

I'm going with "I don't give a fk". Ground speed was over 200mph for the majority of the trip, that's what I'm going with.

In that case, I've broken the speed of light in my plane.

A Bose-Einstein condesate?

Is that the thingy with the dual overhead gonkulators?

No, by comparing the speed of my plane to the speed of a laser being shot through a Bose-Einstein condesate of sodium atoms.

So, we're ALWAYS doing a percentage of the speed of sound or light or whatever, right? No matter what formula you use. So stop being a dream crusher and let me enjoy my 200+ mph ground speed.

A Bose-Einstein condesate?

Is that the thingy with the dual overhead gonkulators?

It's a state of matter that happens when you cool something to (usually) near absolute zero. When you do, things get weird.

So, we're ALWAYS doing a percentage of the speed of sound or light or whatever, right? No matter what formula you use. So stop being a dream crusher and let me enjoy my 200+ mph ground speed.

I'm not saying you didn't go 200+mph. I'm saying you didn't go M 0.27

There is a difference.

airspeed
------------ = M
soundspeed

I broke 600 kts gs the other day. I'll be enjoying an adult beverage with you in spirit.

You have a Machmeter in your Piper?!

I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You all are missing the important points of this conversation. Eman is no longer making chemtrails and since he is home now, is no longer endangering other pilots by flying. :)

David

Hope y'all are too!

View from my 8th floor suite on Myrtle Beach this morning! Weather was too nice this weekend to pass up a short flight and last minute Christmas shopping. Heading home in the morning ahead of the next batch of holiday funk heading our way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
View from my 8th floor suite on Myrtle Beach this morning! Weather was too nice this weekend to pass up a short flight and last minute Christmas shopping. Heading home in the morning ahead of the next batch of holiday funk heading our way.

It's tough duty but someone has got to do it.

:D

Nice!!

And the view from my room....

2a9da0f6050594e5237cfcc4c2dae28a.jpg

Nice pic, to early to be up on a weekend.

I'm an early riser too. This time of year it's still dark when I get to my desk.

Nice pic, to early to be up on a weekend.

I'm an early riser too. This time of year it's still dark when I get to my desk.

Whole-heartedly agree! Unfortunately, my 5 year old son has only slept until 0700 once in his life...he normally rises between 0500-0530. I normally get up with him and let my wife sleep in.

In this particular case I left the blinds wide open specifically to wake up early 1) to catch a nice ocean sunrise and 2) to get back to Charlotte in time for another NY Giants fiasco.

Back