I hate winter

Well here in Phoenix we love the winter! Now the summer? That is another matter.

attachment.php

Attachments

• I hate winter!!.jpg
    I hate winter!!.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 267
Bring on the blizzards!!!!!!!

I was in PHX last winter. Never frigging again. Winter without snow and warm enough to never put on a jacket is total nonsense.

Bring on the blizzards!!!!!!!

I was in PHX last winter. Never frigging again. Winter without snow and warm enough to never put on a jacket is total nonsense.

You sir, are certifiably insane, or under 30. :rofl:

Did any of you read the story of the Alaska trip?? Awesome! I mis-titled the thread, wasn't thinking.

You sir, are certifiably insane

Under 30 are kids.

Insane? Eh! No talent amateurs.

Home sweet home: (Done it at -25F in multiple feet of snow and full out blizzards. This year is winterover #5 up north and sub zero temperatures regularly)

Attachments

• IMG_8916.jpg
    IMG_8916.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 26
  • SWind-DEC06.jpg
    SWind-DEC06.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 34
I really do not care if its winter or summer. However I do love getting snow! :goofy:I JUST WISH IT WOULD CHOOSE ONE. :mad2: It was 70* here in AR this weekend and now its 39*.

KOLM is closed sunset to sunrise. Why? My guess is that the runway lights are buried in the record snow that's on the ground. And you wouldn't be able to see the taxiway reflecters (yeah, the GA side taxiways don't have lights, just reflecters) as they're probably buried, too. Driving to work will be fun tomorrow as getting up the hill will be worse than it was today (made it today). Freezing drizzle right now. When that mess refreezes tonight the hill will be fun. A true challenge for the Jeep.

Did I mention that I hate winter, too? Now, summer around here is perfect.

KOLM is closed sunset to sunrise. Why? My guess is that the runway lights are buried in the record snow that's on the ground. And you wouldn't be able to see the taxiway reflecters (yeah, the GA side taxiways don't have lights, just reflecters) as they're probably buried, too. Driving to work will be fun tomorrow as getting up the hill will be worse than it was today (made it today). Freezing drizzle right now. When that mess refreezes tonight the hill will be fun. A true challenge for the Jeep.

Did I mention that I hate winter, too? Now, summer around here is perfect.

I heard you guys are getting like 20"+ of snow every few days? :yikes:

I hate snow. I hate cold weather.

I want 55 to 75 every day.

so there.

I've been more intolerant of the cold this year. Don't like it, don't want it. Snow is annoying too. Keep having to shovel out the hangar. And we haven't even hit our snowiest months yet.

At the risk of tempting fate, here in the Boston area, we had about an inch Monday night (pretty much gone by sunset). The only other snow was a couple of inches at the end of October. It's somewhat cold, but not ND cold or AK cold.

So far we've been spared, except for the one during Halloween. :rolleyes:

I could buy a snow blower, and GUARANTEE we'd have no snow, but what fun is that.

It's snowing right now, but this is just a dusting. It looks like we're going to get really hit starting tomorrow afternoon. As of yesterday Accuweather was forecasting 3-6 inches through tomorrow night. The NWS is now saying maybe 1 during the day with 2-4 additional overnight. So we'll see. It looks like an unusual storm path, west to east not an Alberta clipper and not one of those Gulf moisture monsters. But at least it'll mean having to drive out to the airport to shovel in front of the hangar, for the first time so far this season.

I could buy a snow blower, and GUARANTEE we'd have no snow, but what fun is that.

That won't work since Murphy's Law is recursive. You can't invoke it to get the desired result.

That won't work since Murphy's Law is recursive. You can't invoke it to get the desired result.

Attempting to invoke it will result in 6 feet of snow and a blower with a seized bearing.

Damn. That reminds me that... Oh wait. I fixed the snowblower belt. Whew.

All of you suck :)

I'm moving to upper Michigan to escape to better weather ;)

And by the way a pic of Dr. Bahnson's J-3 Cub is my computer desktop wallpaper - has been for a little while.

Attempting to invoke it will result in 6 feet of snow and a blower with a seized bearing.
Or a well working snow blower incapable of dealing with the volume. (The week AFTER I bought one of the last remaining.)
Shoveling it isn't an option so I got a 4x4. Bring it on!
Oh. And thank you Bob. We're getting 7"+!

He is a frequent contributor the the Red Board. That story was something I read before I moved up here in 2005. Of course living somewhere and visiting are two entirely different things, but flying up here for the past seven years or so has been quite the experience. I also flew my plane up the highway from Montana after I purchased it in 2006. Because of an engine issue it was in two legs. The prairie part in October, and the mountain part in December!

Pretend wannabe winters are stupid.
I was outside today doing vehicle maintenance in summer pants and a tshirt. I have all the windows and the door open right now. It's 60 degrees.

I'm in colorado, it should be cold and snowing. I'm seriously considering moving north next winter where there actually is a winter.

In Louisiana we get all 4 seasons:

shrimp season,
crab season,
oyster season,
and crawfish season

!!

Winter in Louisiana, and Summer in Alaska for me. That was a cool flight story in the OP. I enjoy the scenery when flying in AK much more than down here, but many more places to land off airport if need be.

-Rob

It is kinda funny. This is my first winter flying and I'm amused at how little my plane wants to sink. Almost every approach is higher than I expected on base to final.

I love the way a plane , especially a 150, fly's in cold air. Luckily we get enough cold air with out a real winter here. We just melted off the 3 days of snow, and HOPEFULLY our winter is over. Our temperate summers rarely have any air density problems. Dave :D

Well, I worked from home last Thursday as I wasn't able to get up the hill through the 1+ of snow saturated with freezing rain. Power went out about 1:40 PM. It has just come back on (my son says the answering machine is picking up, so there has to be volts on the line). Almost 4 days with no power. Now to pick up the pieces.

Or a well working snow blower incapable of dealing with the volume. (The week AFTER I bought one of the last remaining.)
Shoveling it isn't an option so I got a 4x4. Bring it on!
Oh. And thank you Bob. We're getting 7"+!

I fired mine up Saturday pretty much to just make sure it worked.

All the snow is now gone and it is raining again. So I guess it doesn't matter that much that I didn't get a heater installed in my ride last summer...

Dave: Summer is coming; you could come back to Maine. Come to Vinalhaven Island but don't arrive in a float plane; Carver's Harbor is full. Oh, and the Vinalhaven Airport is private except to Penobscot Island Air Service out of Rockland KRKD. Birds of a feather, however, fly together. (Sometimes I get a keeper)

HR

Attachments

• Vinalhaven - Carver's Harbor.JPG
    Vinalhaven - Carver's Harbor.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Back