I hate when this happens...

GauzeGuy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GauzeGuy
Saw this today, caption away...

nosegear.jpg

Why would anyone fky a retract when pressure recover wheel pants are available. :dunno:

RV's, Cirrus, no need for retract silly ness.

Geez.... Look at the bright side...... The prop was horizontal.... No prop strike. :dunno:

Geez.... Look at the bright side...... The prop was horizontal.... No prop strike. :dunno:

Now how did that happen!

Must not be a landing accident.

A preflight? Not checking gear lever position before applying electrical power?

Unless you like the whoosh it makes when the gear comes up and goes down. I know I do.

Dave, I know you are smarter than that. Jesse has been checking you. Ask your insurance agent how much that swoosh is costing you. That is the sound of your money flying out of your wallet. ;)

Dave, I know you are smarter than that. Jesse has been checking you. Ask your insurance agent how much that swoosh is costing you. That is the sound of your money flying out of your wallet. ;)
Yeah but it is a cool rush =)

We made an offer on a Mooney on Friday, the swooshing sound is totally worth the extra insurance $$$$.

We made an offer on a Mooney on Friday, the swooshing sound is totally worth the extra insurance $$$$.

Uh huh.

Wait until you get the bill for maintenance repairs. ( Not covered by insurance) ;)

One valve $2,500! :eek: There is a reason they include barf bags with the Mooney. :lol:

Fixed gear will sound a lot more exciting. :lol:

Last edited:
Now how did that happen!

Must not be a landing accident.

A preflight? Not checking gear lever position before applying electrical power?

It's a 172RG. Can't remember the details offhand, but there is a weak component in the nose gear that can fail. If it fails on the ground, the nose will fold up while the aircraft is just sitting there, and we end up with a picture like this.

They should have tied the tail down tighter. :lol:
Exactly what I thought right away. Who has a 10ft. tail tie-down?

It's a 172RG. Can't remember the details offhand, but there is a weak component in the nose gear that can fail. If it fails on the ground, the nose will fold up while the aircraft is just sitting there, and we end up with a picture like this.
It's actually a 182. ( http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=N6495A) IIRC, essentially the same nose-wheel locking component you mentioned on both the 182 and 172RG.

Rutan Engineering - If it doesn't look right, it's right.

Yikes.

FWIW, I still have no regrets going for a Cessna retract. Nothing with a retract gear will be as simple as a straight leg, it doesn't matter what you compare it too.. more moving parts and more room for problems. They also have their advantages.

Yikes.

FWIW, I still have no regrets going for a Cessna retract. Nothing with a retract gear will be as simple as a straight leg, it doesn't matter what you compare it too.. more moving parts and more room for problems. They also have their advantages.

With fuel prices as they are leaving the feet out is absurd to me. I bet I can slow down next to a 206 and use less fuel than him doing it.

Back