I hate Ticketmaster

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
I'm trying to buy tickets to a concert in SFO later this month. I have created a TicketMaster account, logged in, selected the tickets, now trying to pay for them.
But wait! There's a second requirement where TicketMaster/LiveNation software sends a confirmation code to my cell phone. Nope. No matter how many times, I get nothing on my cell phone.
Go to Apple Help - yep, according to its instructions, I have everything configured/turned on/whatever. But no messages.
Funny, everyone else is able to send me a message - friends, doggie daycare, office, CAP, etc. But not TicketMaster/LiveNation.

Where is it written, what is the Federal law that states I'm required to have a cell phone?

I just sent a request to TicketMaster/LiveNation and gave them my landline, since their software doesn't work with my cell phone.

As it turns out, the TM/LN software can detect the difference between a cell and landline, and will call me with the magic code. Of course this is nowhere on the website, an email request for help unearthed this nugget. I suggested that TM/LN needs to provide this tiny little detail to mitigate a great deal of frustration and intense hate towards LiveNation. I'm betting in 30-60 days, that option will appear on the website.

It should, since LN has an incredible profit margin that should be used for software upgrades. $100 for 2 tickets to a concert, and $30 in fees.

$100 for two tickets? Cheap concert!

Ticketmaster works great for me. WAY BETTER than the old days of paper tickets. They emailed my Eagles/Steely Dan tickets and I loaded them into my iPhone wallet. Just like I do for F-1, Moto GP, concerts, games…. So simple!

Last edited:
I still set up a tent and camp out by my phone waiting for concert tickets to go on sale….F this new fangled technology. :D

I was about to say their fees are ridiculous.

After my last few interactions with Ticketmaster, years ago, I stopped going to any events for which Ticketmaster does the ticketing. That makes me sad, but I simply refuse to do business with them. Usurius fees, turning a blind eye to the bots that harvest tickets to popular events, more fees, horrible user experience on their website, additional fees for that, owning a chunk of the ticket resale market to reap additional profits on tickets they already sold, fees heaped on those, using their monopolistic position to screw both artists and fans...No thanks.

After my last few interactions with Ticketmaster, years ago, I stopped going to any events for which Ticketmaster does the ticketing. That makes me sad, but I simply refuse to do business with them. Usurius fees, turning a blind eye to the bots that harvest tickets to popular events, more fees, horrible user experience on their website, additional fees for that, owning a chunk of the ticket resale market to reap additional profits on tickets they already sold, fees heaped on those, using their monopolistic position to screw both artists and fans...No thanks.
I have no choice in the matter. I'm taking my cousin to a concert he really, really wants to see. I think this is the first time in over 10-15 yrs I've been forced to us TM.

I'm trying to buy tickets to a concert in SFO later this month. I have created a TicketMaster account, logged in, selected the tickets, now trying to pay for them.
But wait! There's a second requirement where TicketMaster/LiveNation software sends a confirmation code to my cell phone. Nope. No matter how many times, I get nothing on my cell phone.
Go to Apple Help - yep, according to its instructions, I have everything configured/turned on/whatever. But no messages.
Funny, everyone else is able to send me a message - friends, doggie daycare, office, CAP, etc. But not TicketMaster/LiveNation.

Where is it written, what is the Federal law that states I'm required to have a cell phone?

I just sent a request to TicketMaster/LiveNation and gave them my landline, since their software doesn't work with my cell phone.
#MeToo

Back