I hate it when this happens!!

Skip Miller

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skip Miller
KHOU.com staff report

HOUSTON -- Three fishing buddies were returning from Port Lavaca Tuesday night when their single engine plane stalled in mid-air. The small Cherokee was put down in a vacant lot, about a mile short of the runways at Hobby Airport.

The force of the crash broke off the plane’s nose gear and crumpled the plane’s fuselage. And while no one was hurt from the crash, one passenger aboard the plane did receive a number of crab pinches.

“When this happened, Craig was sitting in back and he said the cooler just went. Crabs went all over him just biting him left and right,” said Georgette McGuire, the girlfriend of one of the men aboard the plane. “He said it was driving him crazy. He’s got a bunch of crab bites on him.”

:rofl:

(copied from the red board....)

So the three guys in a plane had a case of crabs ?

I wonder if he had to crab or slip to put his stalled, small Cherokee on the ground? Would that be one time where you could slip with a crab? Or crab in a slip? Glad they're all ok - the fishermen, not the crabs.

Yeah, I don't know why they used "stalled" in this sense in this story - they were so good at being accurate in their original report. It almost restored my faith in the mainstream media - but then this came out and it didn't. Also, it wasn't a "small" Cherokee - it was a Cherokee Six. However, this is still better than the Houston Chronicle's original report that a "Small Plane Chose the Wrong Runway at Hobby; Lands on Road". After I posted a link to the factual KHOU.com story in their comments, they eventually rewrote it.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/5741388.html

Read the comments - I have quite a few in there.

I'd be crabby too if I wadded up my airplane.

Back